Ja1lb8s 69 dato 2400 super six

Ja1lb8

• 2 years later...

Thought I'd just tack this on here. Not really a project as such but still ended up working on it. Mate spotted it at kuemu. Turns out so did my dad. I ended up buying it.One lady owner going into a home.mint as. Flew up to Auckland and drove back to south Taranaki that day with the am cranking.

clutch started giving up about 200kms from home. Was slipping in top gear by time I pulled into my drive so happy to make it. had a ld28 hanging around I'd brought for the crank so thought I'd try the clutch out of that on the off chance. Jackpot bolted strait on. Fail didn't work. Gearbox off again .sure enough completely different offsets to the origanil. 4 more goes later and 3 different thrust bearings got it right using one out of an rb30 . Should a just measured it in the first place and saved a whole lot of hasslepost-10214-0-74627100-1424134737_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Comes with such modern day features as electric aerial. 8 track after rewiring it works well and a selection of tapes. Wouldnt mind some more if anybodies got any?

random smith's gauges that tell me outside temp and lights up and tells me put my seat belt on

not to be forgotten the monsoon guard. Looks to have been folded up out of a piece of perspex.oh and the tacho. Mint dash is wrecked where it's screwed on but still a pretty cool tachopost-10214-0-57910900-1424135362_thumb.jpgpost-10214-0-55011800-1424135460_thumb.jpg

did a mission on the gold datsun at top of the thread coming on a year ago now. Got it legal and tidied up to use for one of my wedding cars so was stoked about that.Got turbo off fletchs skyline (thanks) and modified manifold and exhaust to fit. New oil and water lines to suite. Fitted carpet as I'd never gotten round to doing it. Test drive lasted about 15kms before the gearbox let go. Third gear stripped. In went new box and all is well. Has just been sitting in the shed since our honeymoon. Really need to get it out and legal again

• Like 3