automatic transmission help needed

gto1973

for a listing?

yea i was i thought about that but then i was told that the car should still engage and move only slowly but move anyway i am nt sure if this is true or not. if it was electrical would that stop the pump from working? my understanding is that the pump does the same rpm as the engine? so shouldnt it always be pumping? before i changed it the old transmission was pumping heaps of fluid and it was the torque converter that was buggered, an im thinking that iv gone and put this new transmission in thats got a buggerd pump? is there a way for me to check if its electrical?

sorry about all the questions guys

unplug the trans ECU as I said earlier before to find out if it's electrical or not. But yes I suspect that the replacement trans somehow has a dud fluid pump. I had similar happen to me - a replacement trans bought from a wrecker did not pump fluid either, despite them saying they had it tested etc. Luckily I got a refund and went elsewhere for a good trans.