fryup's FC RX7

fryup

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea at that height it just rubbed like fuck and ripped the lips out of the front gaurds. Had to raise it slightly for now, have a guard roller on the way so will attempt to pump the gaurds / at least fold the lips up.

Then low again.

• 7 months later...

So finally got around to doing this:

943599_10153251694465355_2136540614_n.jp

Had a feeling for ages this thing wasn't quite right so finally made the trip from Gisborne to PPRE in Wanganui.

They sorted the previous owners shit fuel pump install (now has a Bosch 044), set the Microtech maps up correctly and started winding some boost into it.  

Couldn't get past 9psi due to shit chinese wastegate and shit boost tap, so they fitted a new Tial 44mm wastegate and with a 15psi spring fitted made 316.4hp. Big improvement in response and top end power from what it was.

The current turbo has a huge exhaust housing and is still way too laggy. A Masterpower T70 + decent boost control + a bit more dyno time should see 380-400hp so I better get saving!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Pointless, picture-less update.

Have added some Tein adjustable suspension to this thing,  Masterpower S70 turbo and a electronic boost controller.  Then it has sat in the shed for the last 4 months looking sad so was dropped off at Dtech Motorsport this weekend to finish off all the little stuff I have been to lazy to do (including new exhaust, the old one was a shit set up that dragged on everything and cracked all the time).

Standby for more horsepower/epic engine failure.

Yea i hope so man, was real impressed with their workshop etc.  

Would have loved to carry on with PPRE, they are an awesome team and were so much help last time, cant stress that enough. Money well spent for sure.

But, they can be super hard to correspond with, email/phone calls etc go unanswered often.  They have heaps on though I guess.

Just ran out of time (really want to get this sorted and get some serious k's on it this summer), so took a bit of a gamble with Dtech, heres hoping its all good!

Haven't heard anything from them this week so I can only guess everythings going ok.

Haha its not so bad mate i used to hate it too, then moved away for 7 years and recently came back again. Definitely better the 2nd time round. How long you been gone?

I too have a secret hankering for one of these. Sort of like the un cool Rex has become cool. Maybe we all bored of seeing another metallic FB on modgies or a super low FD with all manner of tat glued on that a sweet FC is refreshing.

...Adds another car to want list.

• Like 1

I too have a secret hankering for one of these. Sort of like the un cool Rex has become cool. Maybe we all bored of seeing another metallic FB on modgies or a super low FD with all manner of tat glued on that a sweet FC is refreshing.

...Adds another car to want list.

exactly how I see it too,everyone hated on FCs but now people are begninng to realise theyre a cool car in their own way :)