73crownwagon's 1974 Chevrolet Vega Wagon

R100

Discussion here > viewtopic.php?f=18&t=31478

Not much to report at this stage. Picked it up a few weeks ago.
Orginally fitted with a 2.3 4 cylinder this wagon was converted to a V6 prior to 1990.
The donor V6 was a 226 cu (3800) chevy v6 im insure if it was a 60 degree or 90 degree V6 as i purchased the car with no engine. Im not even sure if chev produced a 60 degree V6 with 3800cc capacity anyway. Maybe someone here knows.

It comes with a declaration certificate of the conversion dated 1992.
It also has a LHD permit.

The transmission as far as im aware is the turbo 350 trans.

The engine i will be fitting is a 4.3 liter (262 cu) from a 2001 chev blazer.
It has 3800 heads fitted. Reason for the 3800 heads is because of the inlet manifold bolt pattern. You can buy aftermarket intake manifolds for the earlier 3800 but not the later model 4.3 liter.

The 4.3 will be fitted with a GM471 supercharger.
The supercharger is currently away getting polished.
More updates as i go.

whanga018.jpg

whanga017.jpg

whanga007.jpg

• 3 months later...

Been working on getting the engine ready. Had to cut the sump down and modify the pick up to suit. Blower back from polishers now, just needs new bearings/seals/clearancing and reassemble.

Running a 40 tooth bottom pulley 3.5" wide and 41 tooth top pulley. Using the newer 8mm pitch belt/pulleys.

Not far away from dropping it in the engine bay.

359znv9.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Anyone want this ? Make an offer. Owes me way to much. Has cert for LHD and V6 conversion. Just needs exhaust done and engine mounts bolted in. Not much really but have zero interest at the moment and its taking up space.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so i basically have very little left to do before until shes driveable, yesterdays start up made clear that i need correct auto trans cooler hosing not jimmied up copper which made a mess of my driveway so ill sus that from hyrdalink today. 

needs front have of exhaust made up and the wiring tidied up a small amount. there will be a few small asshole things that will pop up for sure but if im lucky ill take it away for easter

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so shit be getting done! Motors in, pipes on. Took for first drive. Which threw the gillie belt clean off because had them to pinging with the alternator not very lined up with the other belt drives. It seems to be using far to much gas at the moment so thinking I might have to re jet for the v6 which I'll look into this week. Also want to bleed brakes before warrent.

Also sunk 2" temp gauge and oil pressure gauge into original dash to try keep it clean inside and the temp guage was in stupid American degrees.

Was on the beach yesterday and found some knuckle dusters in the mud flats lol thinking about making a shifter out of them since mine doesn't need a button on top.

B5441651-4949-4545-BA31-EFCBAFD48917-178

F365ED85-1E9A-4E86-9E2A-ED34D2372AB8-178

6C04B460-80B8-4B4B-8437-BD4AFAD72498-178

Also does anyone have any Chevrolet badges that may look the part on this? Vega never had any apart from vega on the front which I don't have and will track one down. But wouldn't mind having maybe a chev bow tie on the front and a Chevrolet on the back

• 2 weeks later...

In my warrent sheet me wof man wrote I needed to look at my brake pads and front wheel bearings so true to my word I looked into them. Surprisingly went to segedins and one of there stockists had brake pads for vega/monza in stock so 24 hours later they were installed. And wheel bearing packet with new grease and tighten up.

F664B616-074B-4954-A4B6-DBE3D4027EC2-296

71FFCF50-EF17-489B-9D98-975FA46098C8-296

• Like 2