Southeners old man Trumpy

Borgweiser

Nice one, heres my idea.

Take blanket, seat covers and floor mats to the tip, lowerage of course, early steel grille, paint wheel inserts a contrasting body colour (cream or red to match interior) rub back wood and apply darker stain. Mazda 323 pistons to 2.8 spec, LSD and a custom made megasquirt injection system and reduce rear camber when lowered by modifying A arms.

Photos of Mk1 2000 please

yea i have the steel grill for it out in the shed, just havent put it on yet. and a s spec steering wheel aswell.

Grandad also informs me there is a 2.5block with .50thou pistons in it and there is a fully done head there for it aswell, so might get a cam done for it and slap it in.

And ill get photos of the mk1 real soon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...

That leaky hose you got is not a factory fitment, rather an after-market oil feed to the head.

Some barry's reckon triumphs need them. Others say it's a waste of time #sharn etc.

I wouldn't feel bad about blocking it off with the right thread bolt and some thread tape and loosing it if it's being a pain.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tumeke said:

That leaky hose you got is not a factory fitment, rather an after-market oil feed to the head.

Some barry's reckon triumphs need them. Others say it's a waste of time #sharn etc.

I wouldn't feel bad about blocking it off with the right thread bolt and some thread tape and loosing it if it's being a pain.

Funny you say that, i was thinking it didn't look factory. Managed to get 1/2 turn out of the bolt last night and seems to have fixed the oil leak, will be checking again tonight, amazing how far oil can travel to make a mess. Short of that, ill be removing it if it still plays up

• Like 5