Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think there is any demand for stolen 86s/their parts, so dont stress yourself too much

You are trolling?

Insure this and alarm it and when someone you hardly know from the internet offers to come and "help you" on it at your house tell them no.

When you sell stuff to people on trade me, don't let them see the car or even better meet them at a petrol station...

Now the whole internet knows you have this in a car port with no car alarm. facepalm.gif

Not trolling, just dont know of one thats ever been nicked?

I think it's because the owners take good care of them and are mindful of security more so that the other stereotypical car enthusiast.

All the drop kick flat peak retards definitely know what they are and what value they have though.

Commented before I'd seen anyone else comment on it...

Put a hidden kill switch in it if you leave it close enough to hear anyone try start it. I park my rx on the street every night without a worry.

It has solexes too though so I've got "smash" and "er er er er er er er" to wake up to and john wayne their shit. Alarms piss me off and look ugly

Looks good man!

I'm both happy for you and surprised that the right car appeared.

haha, thank you very much.

please help me with my future problems or parts enquiry.

few trims bad condition, one or two missing etc.

at the moment, the car is pretty much a big POSH, I have no balls to drive it like you drive them.

90% of the car's performance is wasted on me for now.

See it as a challenge, I bought a 250cc Kawasaki Ninja 6 months ago (by no means a challenge as far as bikes go) but It certainly exceeded my abilities.

6 months later the only thing I'm better than the bike at is going fast in a straight line. Still challenges me everyday with getting round corners, braking etc.

When you can out drive the car, start spending money.

Have fun!

I can see that having a garage is a definite good idea, however (in Nelson anyway) Classic Cover seems to have a bit of flexibility regarding garaging. My brother shifted house and now has no garage, they agreed that a car cover and parked off the road was fine, no change in premium or excess either.

To be honest I don't even use 90 % of the available performance in my Mazda Demio most of the time.

I dont think there is any demand for stolen 86s/their parts, so dont stress yourself too much

You are trolling?

Insure this and alarm it and when someone you hardly know from the internet offers to come and "help you" on it at your house tell them no.

When you sell stuff to people on trade me, don't let them see the car or even better meet them at a petrol station...

Couldnt agree with this more - people must think im dodgy when i meet somewhere to pick stuff up etc but the less they know about whats going on in my shed the better.

When we first moved to tauranga we were renting and the owner had the house on the market the price was so high no one came to view it. He then lowered the price and we had about 4 open homes before it sold..............................................

You can imagine my amusement when im down at well know company in tauranga we get started talking about cars, and up comes the that someone had seen a one at an open home under a car cover last weekend.

Was on the market for 420k i think so wasnt think it sold for 360k