Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, SWAN is another insurance company, funny enough also don't need alarm but need garage.

they told me 432 dollars per year. MEAN. 250 excess, 500 excess for stolen. one free glass per year if i needed.

BUT all the insurance company will need to come and check my car out first.

Also rang AA, the chick has no idea what I was on about.."toyota what?" what" "how do you spell trueno?"

after half hour for taking my details down, I told her the car worth 30g, and told her is fully modified. but the engine is still like any 1.6 liter slow as... she went away to talk her supervisor. they pretty much said. no business with bling bling, what a waste of my time!!

Yeah don't bother with any of the mainstream insurance companies. They would rather insure your grandmother's Nissan Micra than anything remotely sporty/modified.

folks who are curious, there are some photos of the 86 in the latest Auckland monthly meet thread.

I'd be keen to do some photographitizing of your car sometime Andy. Find a lush location etc like when I shot Al's old Century.

yea i did. mitch said hes going to txt/call me about it. looks like im getting the stuff tomorrow night. should be able to fit the seats and diff in. the hatch im not sure about. is it a fibreglass or steel one? does it have glass in it?

EDIT: also Ill drop the stuff off to you on my way home from kumeu. that cool?

push it? what? down the motorway? :wink::lol::D

Ill see if i can fit it in, might not fit as someone will be sitting on the back seat but ill give it a hoon/ fold half the back seat down and give stuff a fiddle. Ill probably be back in auckland in a couple of weeks so could possibly bring it up then failing everything else?

txt/PM your address so I know where Im going.

If you get an agreed value with classic cover (or similar) they should honor this should it come time to claim. That's the point of the insurance and they have realised that the risk of our cars being stolen when we keep them so carefully locked away in the garage 350 days of the year is minuscule, which is why they can charge so little. Who really knows what will happen when you do try and claim though, it's just one of those fun things that goes along with having vehicle/any insurance.

From experience, classic cover will value a car from photo's, however they may take it a little more seriously when insuring for such a high sum, especially when it is on a theoretical replacement value for the car, not the actual market price.

no one would provide a valuation at $25k or $30k for it. yes its nice, yes it may have cost someone that kind of money to build but no that is not how much it is worth on the market/would cost you to get another one.

at the end of the day its your money but no insurance company will pay you out such a high value and if they feel you have over insured by a high amount they will get suspicious of your intentions

yeh, Even after it got insured and alarm immobiliser etc, there is no way in hell I would let it out of my sight.

for example I will not take it to town and park it at night period. would not park any off street car park on dominion road and go away to get a feed at the corner.

only park it where I can still see it.

no one would provide a valuation at $25k or $30k for it. yes its nice, yes it may have cost someone that kind of money to build but no that is not how much it is worth on the market/would cost you to get another one.

at the end of the day its your money but no insurance company will pay you out such a high value and if they feel you have over insured by a high amount they will get suspicious of your intentions

oh well, I have to see what they can do.