Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

Project

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=32712

Question:

Very Very Urgent, I need alarm with immobiliser to get the insurance cheap etc. No need centra locking or any other fance staff.

What Alarm and immobiliser should I get, that's reasonly price and also can meet the cheapest insurance requirment.

I'm thinking to go with classical car cover insurance with 5000kms per year. as I won't drive it much.

Fire away.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, I found AA's classic option wasn't as flexible as Classic Cover in some areas, including but not limited to allowing you to elect a trusted panelbeater, proper glass cover (a MUST if you have something silly like my Skyline coupe... imagine trying to find a rear windscreen for one of those), and going on agreed valuations as opposed to market. Things could have changed since then though.

Classic Cover didn't ask about alarms but I guess a four-star will be the minimum sensible option.

Oh yes, R100, I forgot about his auto electrical biniss. Go see him for an alarm!

Steve makes a good point actually... might pay to get it independently valued.

mind you when Classic Cover prepared my quote I gave them two-year-old valuations I had for three of the cars (and 'sensible' values for the rest) but it didn't seem to affect the premiums in any way. They advised re-evaluating once the cars were all consolidated into one location too.