rotorhoe's rx3 of flash

rot808

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet thanks danger, it'd probably be easiest if you PM'd my brother (BDA780) to work it out

out of curiosity, does $120 seem reasonable for chrome bullet racing mirrors? I'm probably going to go ahead and purchase them, but was just wondering what your opinions were.

Gaz wrote:

I got some of those new badges for my 2

Gaz

Have you started a thread for your Rx2? Keen to see more of Rx's on here

would be equally as keen to see your project Gaz!

sweet thanks danger, it'd probably be easiest if you PM'd my brother (BDA780) to work it out

out of curiosity, does $120 seem reasonable for chrome bullet racing mirrors? I'm probably going to go ahead and purchase them, but was just wondering what your opinions were.

Gaz wrote:

I got some of those new badges for my 2

Gaz

Have you started a thread for your Rx2? Keen to see more of Rx's on here

would be equally as keen to see your project Gaz!

Yeah gaz dying to see what youve been hiding at rotoma.

I have one of them bullet mirrors on mine on the drivers side door , only good for asthetics if it didint have two holes holding it on it wouldnt be there.

You gonna bang them up the front on the guards?

Fuck those XY style bullet mirrors. But thats just my opinion

Google doesn't have all the answers, do you have pics of what you're meaning?

sr1600: do you find them difficult to use or could you recommend any others? I believe we are putting them in place of the original mirrors.

Will start project thread next month when I get it in the garage. Gonna take the Chevette out and 2 in to start getting it running.

Will have the 13b out of it for sale soon as I got a new one.

Gaz

best of luck, I know from experience how long these projects can take but its so rewarding! you'll get quite a lot for a good 13b I'd imagine

The mirrors any really big enough to see anything, you look how big they are comparer to the newer vehicle ones.

Mine is on rx2 on the drivers door , find it easier to turn my head and look as the car aint exactly big.

You looking to do something like this ?

Dereks car

418423_173402286101897_143115005797292_255841_72273678_n.jpg

Definately a aesthetics thing , diffent fokes different taste. I just would by the best looking ones

That car looks awesome! Had planned on doing fender mirrors originally, but as there are holes where the previous mirrors were (on the door from memory) we decided to place them there so there weren't gaping holes.

Same applies for the holes on the guards which my brother reckons will have to be placed over with mud flaps, personally I hate that idea.

I would be more than happy to use original rx mirrors, I didn't realise until now what they looked like as those parts went off with cousins car. Guessing they'd look best in the white color of my car?

That car looks awesome! Had planned on doing fender mirrors originally, but as there are holes where the previous mirrors were (on the door from memory) we decided to place them there so there weren't gaping holes.

Same applies for the holes on the guards which my brother reckons will have to be placed over with mud flaps, personally I hate that idea.

I would be more than happy to use original rx mirrors, I didn't realise until now what they looked like as those parts went off with cousins car. Guessing they'd look best in the white color of my car?

Yeah - mirror on the door of mine has holes underneath and thats the only reason i leave it there

Will probably machine a stainless block and weld it under my guard then paint the 1600 then i have the option of attaching when i want

Yeah - mirror on the door of mine has holes underneath and thats the only reason i leave it there

Will probably machine a stainless block and weld it under my guard then paint the 1600 then i have the option of attaching when i want

Is that basically the only way to get around it? I was considering ways of covering/filling in the holes too and was thinking if there was any sort of filler that could be bought to do so but I doubt it would stay in or look good.

The translations on that page were brilliant "Please refrain from the tender of nervous because it is very old and it is a new article... The thing that is reflected is all" ohyup.

Those are the original fender mirrors for up front, but not for the doors.

For covering guard holes etc you can get little stick on chrome trim bits to cover them. kinda look like wee chrome coffin badge shaped things. Might have some around

cheers for explaining, its not as important at the moment as the wiring and all but it does give me something to do while Dad is wiring it up.

Thanks danger for all your part searching!