• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

www.hilarystone.com

www.vintagebikecave.com

^^ These people know where it's at.

www.ebay.co.uk

and bike jumbles (usually find treasures at much better prices).

I go on www.classiclightweights.co.uk/ for ideas and then search for parts.

Let me know if you're on the hunt for anything specific. More than happy to help you out.

• 1 month later...

So, I went on the tweed run yesterday.....

I hadn't actually ridden the bike any proper distance since building it (it had sat in my bedroom gathering dust) and only took it on a shakedown the day beforehand. The observant will notice that it has different tyres to the fat franks above. I just couldn't make the Fat Franks roll reliably without rubbing on the chainstays so there was a last minute scramble to find some suitable tyres. Ended up getting some sweet fully slick MTB tyres (2013 Bontrager SR1's).

I had kept my moustache since Movember so had been groowing 5 months of ginger facial hair like a boss.

So much awesomeness all in one place and the most fun you'll ever have with your clothes on.

All of these photos have been stolen from the internet as I shunned technology for the day.

Now, to concentrate on the Hobbs of Barbican for L'Eroica for 2014......

8646470426_55b7ceb8ee_b1.jpg

facebook_-752007162.jpg

facebook_475128554.jpg

tumblr_ml7eijoS4N1r9jziwo1_500.jpg

• Like 4

I've put some new mudguards and an inwheel lock on my Batavus. The mudguards are Velo-Orange hammered numbers as the old ones were munted. I've ridden this thing over 4000 km now since I bought it (only paid £30.00 for it) and it's still going strong.

It's a sweet but very heavy bike.

20130207_075010.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More Progress!              Some 1950 GB Coureur brake callipers.  They're made from Hiduminium (?!?) and have quick release levers.

Brakes.jpg

Some NOS Weinmann Alesa 32/40H 26x11/4 Clincher rimsRims.jpg

And the sweetest of all, a rare NOS 50's GB Brake cable lubricator (holds the brake cables where arch up over the handlebars and has oil points in the back for lubricating the cables).

BrakeCableLubricators-1.jpg

Will probably get the wheels laced up this week.  Just need to find some 15/17 gauge spokes.

Now, good people of OS, I'd like your opinions with regards to the frame, should I get it repainted?  If it had original transfers, I'd leave it as it is but as it's obviously been resprayed in the past and debadged, should I just leave it as is or go for a full out respray?

Well, the postman just paid me a visit with my newly acquired Chater Lea Sprint pedals. Not bad condition either. Some wear to the chrome on the barrels but I can live with that. Stem and handlebars purchased too and should arrive later this week. Watch this space!

Pedals1.jpg

Pedals2.jpg

Went to see Megadeth last night and have a savage craft beer induced hangover today.

I make great decisions when hungover.

I went to work today and purchased tis lovely Colnago Competition “Art Decor".

Introducing my next/concurrent new project and my first proper road bike.

I think it's pretty.  Plan is to dress it in some period Campag stuff.

Anyway, I need to invest in some sort of machine that stops me logging into my computer when hungover/drunk.

003.jpg

014.jpg