i5oogt's '72 Datsun 260C

Snoozin

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chairs bro, the console doesn't seem to be offset at all, the shifter definitely isn't right in the middle of the tunnel though. The shifter that came with the box was for a 240Z (it's out of Mikeys 240Z) and it was just ridiculous. This one's from a 180B or something, it needed a slight tweak backwards so I wasn't reaching super forwards but it all worked out pretty good. Just got a local trimmer to knock up a shift boot as it was the only bit missing, and she's good as gold.

If you didn't, I totally recommend putting one of those rubber boots under the console screwed to the tunnel... it keeps so much noise out.

I've got a 280z lever, it needs to be an inch to the left and an inch further forwards to sit nice and central but it is still usable at the moment. I have a 280zx lower boot and bracket, just had to curve it a bit more for the tunnel but it fits nicely.

Have been enjoying the 5 speed, found myself overtaking traffic for once the other day, wow!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Quick question. This is a sedan and not a Hardtop correct? I mean thats what I thought, but we're doing a windscreen for an old chap with one of these, I havent seen the vehicle myself but the guys who went to do the job had no idea about that and didnt think to look, making my job bloody difficult. Also our supplier does not make sedan version windscreen :( so I was kinda hoping I was wrong and this is what they call a hardtop? but im pretty sure its sedan yes? Do you know anyone that has parts for these? A windscreen in particular?

Generally a hardtop has no b-pillar. Richard's is a sedan but that's not to say the windscreen from a 230-series hardtop sedan wouldn't fit a pillared sedan or even that from a hardtop coupe wouldn't fit a pillared sedan. A lot of times in the 50's/60's/70's it wasn't until after the A-pillar that things started changing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...