i5oogt's '72 Datsun 260C

Snoozin

Little biddy leak is a mahoosive one these days. Drenches side of block in oil and fills engine mount bracket things up with oil, needed attention. Too many miles being hooned.

Also flows freely out the back of the head too.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Be a little wary of having any valve jobs done on a used motor. One time at band camp, I had a head redone to whack back on a used motor. The awesome valve sealing meant that the poor old rings couldn't contain the oil any more. And it became a smoker. Before that, it didn't use a drop.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikey

If you get mega desperado, I have some used head studs. Not a full set mind you, you'd have to combine with your old ones. But yeah, you're probably not as impatient as I am...

Guest kyteler

I'm fairly confident I gave you a standard type, I have a feeling the other type are later model, weird ass, crank timing optical sensor ones.

If it's not right though, let me know and I'll pull one off my L24 because I won't be using the one from that anyway, L28/31/32, etc.

Guest Seedy Al

jesus chris man

nice.

cant wait to see it all back together.

also, if you feel the need to sell the enkies let me know

you certianly have an eye for detailing I wish I had the time for

Guest coldturkey

oooh good show old chap.

I'd love to have a shiny clean engine bay but like most others on here would give up after 5 mins, stand back and just look at it for 10 mins.