EURON8s drift/skid hack MX83 Cressida

EURON8

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Find a manual w56 in a estima people mover at pickapart there a $125 from memory and will be pretty mint from being behind a poo 3c-t.

Only the small problem of them being shifter linkages on passengers side of the box and cable floor shift.

Would be easy to bash/weld the trans tunnel to make room for the shift linkages then run cables into cabin and mount the factory estima floor shift with the bonus of having a remote gearbox shifter to mount in perfect position to suit you.

Cheapest way to go W series

Would be hori as but meh

• 4 weeks later...
Find a manual w56 in a estima people mover at pickapart there a $125 from memory and will be pretty mint from being behind a poo 3c-t.

Only the small problem of them being shifter linkages on passengers side of the box and cable floor shift.

Would be easy to bash/weld the trans tunnel to make room for the shift linkages then run cables into cabin and mount the factory estima floor shift with the bonus of having a remote gearbox shifter to mount in perfect position to suit you.

Cheapest way to go W series

Would be hori as but meh

I have no idea if this would work but the concept is awesome. Do this etc.

Also, cres rules. 1jz na on itbs will be insane. Should go well enough to slide too. Just need a decent/welded diff.

There's 3 Estima's at PaP Anvondale at the moment. Didn't take notice of if they were manual or auto. Diffs were all F series non LSD.

I can get my hands on a brand spankers W58 for just over a grand which is what I would be doing if I were in the market for another W series box.

I'll have a good look at the site when I get home.

I can make stuff like that but I am kinda keen on slide rails cause not everyone I let drive is gonna be as tall as me.

Links to what you want and I'll see if it's something I wanna make in the future haha

• 1 month later...

So, after to-and-froing over whether or not to drag this thing off the lawn i decided No.

30mins of boredom later it was on the driveway nosed up to garage.

I just wanted to start preping the engine bay or doing something on it.

Everything will be removed, manual conversion gear will be test fitted then panel/paint prep will start.

Dont get me wrong, only the engine bay and cabin will look pretty.

No instragram honest.

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_3451.jpg

Excuse the terrible photoshop fiddling. Im having a play/practice with adjustments so i can be like Richie.

IMG_3459.jpg

123.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

I have a 2JZGE in the garage now. (kindly donated by ryanfels. thanks bro)

Almost everything bar head and block/internals are missing, but its a start.

Gearbox will be next so i can set it up while i wait for motor parts to present themselves at an affordable price.