Brennan's 54 Chevy kustom - Discussion

Brennan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, BlownCorona said:

did 30,000kms in a year in a z30. the seats are great. 

photoshops look primo. following with great interest, that hoonigan feature of a similar build proves itll be alot of fun

Same, i would have done similar in a uzz30, best car i have ever owned (while still being a piece of shit with 300,000kms on the clock, and constantly something wrong with it)
The cruise control up and down hills at 104kmh was a beautiful thing with the 1uz.

I think so too, hopefully do this old rusty heap, of a Chevy some justice, despite all the blasphemy.

11 hours ago, 64valiant said:

@Brennan with your render you did is that how you plan on doing your door cards. cause if so i have some og trim out of a 54 chev that i was about ti tip this coming month

@64valiant Ohh interesting, Did you upholster one recently?
I have no door card stuff at all. But it is a long way off yet.

Haven't even decided if this is going to be two door or 4 yet. 

That said, if they are no good to you, id be definitely interested.

4 hours ago, Brennan said:

@64valiant Ohh interesting, Did you upholster one recently?
I have no door card stuff at all. But it is a long way off yet.

Haven't even decided if this is going to be two door or 4 yet. 

That said, if they are no good to you, id be definitely interested.

yeah i done upholstery on Brendan Everett 54 two door.

91324712_226427348560325_345733331475339

have the og door cards sitting here and was going to throw them during my moving process 

69395149_672062723273126_375946869906551

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

this may have been mentioned, or already your plan. 

but if that rear wheel works fine where it is and clears everything, why not just trim the rear of the arch out and weld it back on and inch or so further in to 'center' the wheel in the wheel arch? youd end up with a bit of a shorter wheel arch but i rekon it would look awesome, and be nice and symmetrical 

• Like 1

Yea, potentially, i have got a nice new replacement EMS panel to weld on in that position, and not so keen on modifying that or the body lines too much.
I have wheel spats too, which would hide the whole wheel.

Still Confident i can move the whole subframe back with solid offset bushings, or new mounts. Or just move the wheel backwards with arm adjustments.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

@Evan They are www.titon.co.nz fittings that www.compressedaircontrols.co.nz here in palmy sorted for me.

image.png.f3638d13352e40da7596462c3903a4e4.png  image.png.c1400cd6d11df7510e60208b50d0c4ce.png image.png.8b3f49428fa096e7e513511ecb33c0c5.png 

Mine are the Female. So 3/8 NPT Female on one end. 3/8" push connect on the other.

Was pretty stoked when I found them, as my existing hose threaded straight into them.

pretty sure they available in 1/4 and 1/2 too

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CUL8R said:

Do you have a place called strouds up there?

I'd try re-route with 90 or 45 deg fittings to shorten up the hose and tuck it up neater again?

Na. We don’t have a strouds. 

and yea. I need to buy some barbed hose tails. Instead of using the cut up crimp fitting. So will try some 90 and 45. Hopefully I haven’t cut the hoses too short now. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

1 hour ago, Brennan said:

Have also Wired the Davis Craig fans into the Lexus loom. And mounted through the Radiator with m4 allthread.

those electric fans on the front of the radiator in the LS400 i had(1991) were only for when the air con was on, used the clutch fan as a cooling fan. 
so if using them for cooling also you'll likely need to add a separate circuit to them unless your later model did it differently. 

22 minutes ago, deankdx said:

those electric fans on the front of the radiator in the LS400 i had(1991) were only for when the air con was on, used the clutch fan as a cooling fan. 
so if using them for cooling also you'll likely need to add a separate circuit to them unless your later model did it differently. 

Yup onto that. The ucf20, had the clutch fan and an electric fan. The electric fan had two relays, one connected to the temp sensor in the radiator, and the other relay connected to the air conditioning through.
The air conditioning side, also had a resistor to slow the fan down.

Those relays and sensors have all been removed as well and i will replace them with modern, more compact units.

• Thanks 1

On 05/02/2022 at 22:41, Brennan said:

Yup onto that. The ucf20, had the clutch fan and an electric fan.

Did your UCF20 not have a hydraulic fan?

Also do you have some sort of insulation on that allthread? Surely it’s not going to be nice to that radiator core?

Having had an LS430 loom sitting in the driveway this last week I don’t envy you having to pick parts of the loom out.

22 hours ago, GARDRB said:

Did your UCF20 not have a hydraulic fan?

Also do you have some sort of insulation on that allthread? Surely it’s not going to be nice to that radiator core?

Having had an LS430 loom sitting in the driveway this last week I don’t envy you having to pick parts of the loom out.

yea, i meant hydraulic fan/clutch fan.

i put a low density foam disc under the washer against the fins.

They are Davis Craig fans. And they sell "fitting kits" that include 3/16 cap screws and nylocs for mounting.

image.png.55c2520b0f5a46eca3248d4aeb27730a.png

I wasn't super keen on it. But quick progress was needed and the radiator was fairly cheap. So its not the end of the world if i have to redo it all one day when the car is legal.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...