Raizer's Cruiser, Twenty & BSA

Raizer

So yeah I've already posted these in the bike pic thread but meh

A few months back my nan mentioned a couple of old bikes in one of her sheds that she wanted me to dump, so I pulled them out and found my grandads old Healing Cruiser and my old budgie

6063920703_1fb8b9ddd9_b.jpg

6063921389_dcb6001b81_b.jpg

6063921543_9aa110e9ce_b.jpg

6063921147_4fdb3c0bb4_b.jpg

Obviously there was no way I was going to dump them so I took them back to my workshop and gave them both a good wash and squirted a bit of rust converter and crc around, pumped up the tires which were still original and still held air (for a while at least, rear tire on the cruiser went bang on the first ride lol).

So other than a new tire/tube on the cruiser and a bit of grease for both I haven't had to do anything to them.

I'm going to leave the Cruiser as is with the scrapes etc it has gathered over the years, if I can find 12.5" red tires I want to get the Budgie back to mint and might sell it once my son has finished hooning round on it lol

Then earlier this week I spotted a Raleigh Twenty with a $1 res on the tard and ended up buying it for the grand sum of $8.50, picked it up from 4 houses down the road from home lol

Its a 1969 UK made one and its going to need a bit of work before its in the condition that my missus wants (got it for her), so far I have stripped, cleaned and regressed the Sturmey Archer hub and killed the rust on it, and if anyone has a spare spoke for the rear wheel, a stand that goes in the tube on the bottom bracket, a carrier or dynamo light to fit the stock mount let me know!

Plan for this is a repaint in a 70's metallic, get the hand painted "Twenty" redone and probably get all the chrome redone as well as add a few period accessorys like a chrome bell, carrier, dynamo and maybe a basket etc

6351963422_1a18b72d41_b.jpg

6351219431_40dde06cd0_b.jpg

Anyone know where I can get drive rivets for this?

drive_rivet.jpg

6351964050_2a701409a5_b.jpg

6352381080_f5f90c3327_b.jpg

Thoughts/ideas/criticisms?

• Like 1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ready for powder coat bar the drive side cap on the bottom braket is being a cunt to remove, am going to heat/drill/hulk smash it out tomorrow before dropping the frame in. *before anyone asks, yes I know its left hand thread lol*

6387254317_1367eb9ca0_b.jpg

Those cotter pins are "interesting" to remove, managed to shatter an old school cast iron vice on the first one!

There is a guy on the tard selling those rivets, 3 for 15 bux.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/cycling/parts-accessories/other/auction-425012486.htm

If anyone wants some of these let me know, just need to be trimmed down a little bit, won't charge anywhere new that price either!!

You can get them out easy enough with a large bolt and nut, just put it thru the cup hole and tighten it with a ratchet from either the inside or the outside depending on which thread, the friction from tightening it grips the cup and turns it. has to be an M16 or something tho.

Yeah we priced up the paint that she wanted, close to $300 inc etch primer, primer, base coat, paint, pearl and clear!! Then add thinners and sand blasting etc to that!

So for less than the price of paint we can get the powder coating and all the chrome redone + all new bearings, bolts, white wall tires and new cables lol

Its going to make my Cruiser look like a wreck when its finished haha

img5801580.jpg

After a lot of ringing around the country I have got a kg of cadbury purple on the way from a GC in Napier, talked to the guy doing the job and he's more than happy to use it and has dropped the price back to the original quote :o

purplezh.png

+ a metallic silver flecked clear over the top should suit it well!

You can get them out easy enough with a large bolt and nut, just put it thru the cup hole and tighten it with a ratchet from either the inside or the outside depending on which thread, the friction from tightening it grips the cup and turns it. has to be an M16 or something tho.

Thanks! Worked perfectly without damaging the bearing race.

Sweet! Grip looks like what we're after too, where did you get them?

That bell is awesome haha the wife got one with a monkey on I think :lol:

Had a somewhat productive weekend on the Twenty front, all the new bearings I ordered are here, found a vector file for the main stickers and have Kingpin pricing them up now, the epic GC Simon/UTERUS has hooked us up with a chain guard and we cleaned all the rust off all the components today with lemon juice and tinfoil, even the rims have come up looking pretty sweet (Still going to get all the smaller stuff rechromed though).

Oh and I polished up the OG head badge to almost mirror spec and my sister in law is redoing the paint on it tonight :o

To rechrome the seat post, handle bars and stem, head set nuts etc and the seat clamp = $250!

Going to have to make do with polished pitted chrome I think!

Am looking for a seat post and headlight bracket with good chrome though.

Our purple powder arrived yesterday so once the chain guard from Simon gets here the powder coating will be all go.

Dropped the seat in to get retrimmed in nice white vinyl today too, surprisingly a lot cheaper to get done than I thought it would be!

Only like $10 more than the worn old one I was offered on trademe lol.