Brennan's, ke70 Corolla, 3sge Beams powered.

Brennan

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a suggestion - dont bother with a lux diff. Get an f series from something else, the weight saving will be worthwhile. My hilux diff is the heaviest fucking thing i have ever come across and the LSD heads available are shit as unless you wanna mod a IRS one from a supra etc.. F series can fit an altezza torsen diff head which is coooooool.

I like the pic - hope it turns out summin like that! Make sure you keep standard ecu and plenum etc - it will save you a world of hassle/money, trust me!

Welcome to Oldschool man! I like this project for obvious reasons. Let me know if there's anything you need to know about doing the beams conversion.... Or if you need any parts.

Also agree with these two re: hilux diff. F series (or even T series/AE86) will be big enough and a lighter diff will make a big difference to handling.

Ask bubblegoose and Sheepers about doing IRS conversions. Only thing I'd be worried about is having the work up to spec for a cert.

Keeping with the 4-link is much easier and you can make them work really well. Have a look at nothingsfree's DX for ideas on how to get the geometry right without losing the back seat.

the work shouldnt be a problem, dads a hot rod builder, and ive bagged a 54 chevy to scrape frame so suspension isnt anything to new. only said r34 as i have one sitting there, but thats good to hear about the altezza irs as pretty keen on that. Cheers guys

KEEN TO GET SOME CAMBER ON THE BACK! :D