Jases trike build (FN WEirdo)

Jase

If you want

kind of want a bobber style

and

I want to see if one can be built hot rod/bobber style

then dont bother

finding a wishbone rear end with alloy arms to complete that end (soarer poss),

cause you know im gonna make you hard tail that shit!

Loose the Holden V6 (allthough its a seriuosly kool enjun) and use a subaru engine and box or aircooled VW enjun.

Fuck no! Every other trike you see has a vw engine in it and they just look silly. 302w for the win!

I agree!

What have you got that easily bolts to that gearbox?

:bounce:

having the motor between your legs is way better looking than having a VW lump behind you- having an empty hole infront of you looks stupid.

You should just use the motor X forks.

I do not think ive ever seen a trike with a VW engine mounted up front. Altho after a search on the net a few people have done it. You would need to bolt it to a suby gearbox though as copying what other people have done is no fun.

Trikes with VW engines in the rear always look wrong in my opinion.

that trike ^, the massive castor angle, do people actually ride them?

like the bicycles everyone is currently building, they are terrible(awesome) to steer,

with only like half that angle.

in summary, replicate that picture

You can make them steer fine, its all about setting up the trail. That said if you grabbed some front forks that came off a bike that originally had say 25deg of rake and leaned them out to say 30 or 35 or whatever the fck they run then yeah it will steer like shit

Also I vote two stroke for max lols.

Should use a flat six and autobox from a Suby SVX

Exactly what i was thinking on the toilet this morning.

Would be awsum to see, but then so will the holden V6. Keep on dreaming and plugging away at your build Jase.

Doesnt matter if it ever runs or not. Most projects never get finishd, its about the fun excitement of building something.

To me trikes are super hit n miss, some of them (eg the black one posted further up the page) are absolute sex!! and others (half cars) are total trash. Your one looks interesting jase, apart from the holden v6 you seem on the right track lol.

Does anyone remember the blue trike Billy Conolly rode on one of his world tour shows back in the day? that thing was fuckin beautiful!

concur fully with above,

the v6 because its for me and i like them,

plus then i can do some skids and doughies without fear of it grenading,

just when i get my steel surgeon bill down i'll take the box and block up to make my bell housing,

just having trouble locating a cheap surf front end,

i've measured and its a good option to keep the width in proportion once its narrowed to link to the box shafts and hubs.