Ned's 10cyl 310cc 2 smoke

Ned

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess who now has 11 properly cleaned running engines!? :D

Finally put the final 6 carbs back together today and all 11 engines run now. Dave is drunk, but he told me he would help me mount the fuckers etc... maybe even tomorrow so we'll see. Also, 5 of them are now sporting 10 tooth 1/2" pitch massive sprockets;

IMG_20111008_221909.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

Got some more machining done. Dave welded up my sprockets so we could put a 10.8mm hole in it for the shaft, so thats done (thanks cam + dave)

IMG_20111010_193843.jpg

And then cam drew up my mounting plates so i can get dave to cut them out for me when i go to his work tomorrow :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

So hopefully i can mount them this weekend when i find/make appropriate spacers for the plates! Then just make up some shafts for the main sprocket and the random one at the front, and get a correct size sprocket for the first reduction drive and i'll be able to put it together and maybe even fire it up!

Then source a centrifugal clutch and make 10 throtle linkages and she'll be ready to create a frame around. Plenty more work to do, but velodroming is going to be mega awesome!

URL fixed;

didn't know that was the same place haha;

not caring how much it weighs (weighs is a funny looking word) weight won't stop it from doing b-outs :P

Also; i may put it some speed hole/slots at some point when/if i can be bothered. It's about 850 long and 200 tall or something with a lot of holes so 2 or 3kg a plate? rough estimation.