treggos (ex keltik) baguette 405 build diary

keltik

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah variable timing and lift on the intake cams. Timing by way of hydraulicly adjusting cam sprockets and variable lift by way of some trick lash adjusters and double cam lobes i believe.

186kw at the wheels on Clints one. More than a factory 2liter turbo STI.

Took this thing through the Waimana gorge today. Ya know what, it displayed remarkable pace by way of outstanding corner manners. Genuinely impressive. Which hasnt really helped my decision making process on what to do with it.

On my previous run through the twisty bits, i had my old man in the car and he wouldnt let me corner fast, so i was jusdging the car more on its straight line performance...

Now my opinion has changed somewhat. Are the fuel pickups on these things not baffled? I seem to be getting fuel surge even with 15 liters in the tank.

Was at hamptons on wedesday in the 205 and was getting fuel surge/starvation on the right hand corners when I had just over half a tank. Did some more looking into about this and it's fairly common, there is supossabily a small plastic "baffle" plate which does break away in the 205 tanks.

So ya guess my previous common is worthless - sorry. Swirl pot it is.

Edit:

I've been looking at this today....

http://www.crestfoam.com/intro.html

http://www.sm-engineering.co.uk/accesso ... k_foam.php

tank_foam.jpg

Peugeots are renowned for having dodgy driving ergonomics. The same problem you have in your 405, I have in my 306 GTi6. And yeah, these cars don't really come alive til you push them. My Pug gets boring from time to time and I often think about swapping it for something more interesting, but then I find myself on a twisty road and all of a sudden it wins me over again. And I'm reminded of how cheap it is to run and how reliable it is and there's never any reason to get rid.

these cars don't really come alive til you push them. My Pug gets boring from time to time and I often think about swapping it for something more interesting, but then I find myself on a twisty road and all of a sudden it wins me over again.

^THIS in a big way.