treggos (ex keltik) baguette 405 build diary

keltik

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd quite happily throw it in Jeff2.0. Then again, i'd quite happily throw it in Jeff Mk1.

I foresee a problem with this project. I like this car.....maybe even too much to strip the interior. So i think for the time being - i will just mod it up and keep it road legal and complete inside. Later down the track/next year I can reconsider making it hardcore.

re gear ratios: Keep the mi16 box!!!! then get 3rd 4th and 5th from a 1.6/1.9 (same ratio's) and put them in using the mi16 final drive. The 1.6 box was crap in my car, 1st was way way too short as was second. (mi16 and the 306 S16 (5speed) is the same box)

Did a bit more research into this the other night and realised i had been fed a bit of mis-information and that it can be done much much simpler... Get a 1.9 box, and put the MI16 Final gear into it (easy to do) and you will have a very nice ratio box except for 5th for road use. Take the 5th of the MI16 and you will have an epic box for track days and road use.

Speeds at rev limit (7200)

1.9/MI16 = 60 95 130 165 203

MI16/MI16 = 60 95 138 182 232

1.9/1.9 = 73 115 156 198 244

Cruising at 100kph rpm:

1.9/1.9 = 2950

MI16/MI16 = 3094

1.9/MI16 = 3542

This is assuming the spreadsheet i was using is correct.

This

img0031ph.jpg

Now has one of these

img0030di.jpg

Next mission is to make this run a bit better

img0033ukh.jpg

By removing this horrible restriction

img0034uw.jpg

And getting rid of some of this

img0032ht.jpg

Almost feel a little sad to be gutting the interior - but tbh most of it is a bit fucked anyways. It has not aged well.....beige checkers with red stripes really doesnt work in this century.

Are you going to be getting rid of the AFM, as the flap inside the unit is the real restriction point on these intakes.

Even with it nice and short/smooth it made no real differance.

DSC00102.jpg

VR6 throttle bodies run a larger internal diameter port from what i've read and have been used as an "upgrade" - http://www.205gtidrivers.com/articles.php?data=e2-vagtb <--- has photos of the mi16 manifold inlet port you might like to see...

There is also a debate on the 405 mi16 forum about it - http://forum.405mi16.com/index.php?showtopic=1932

Are you going to be getting rid of the MAF, as the flap inside the unit is the real restriction point on these intakes.

Even with it nice and short/smooth it made no real differance.

Yup will pick up a loom for my G4 and a MAP sensor out of my collection of bits. Or might run a MAF from a Subaru...I still dont know the advantages of MAF or MAP based fueling so will investigate.