How to Wire up a 1UZ engine (VVTI and non-VVTI)

NaN

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

G'day,

What a fantastic write up! My printers going to be set to work for quite a while with all this! I'm currently in the process of swapping a 1997/8 1UZFE vvti into my 92 4runner SR5. I'm using the original transmission and ECU as I'm hoping to keep it as original as possible. Unfortunately I've been held up for the past 6+ months on the wiring aspect, I've hired (and paid...) an auto electrician to wire everything up properly but we've fallen down on the inbuilt immobiliser system. I purchased my engine from the importers with the gearbox + ECU, though it never came with the immobiliser transponder, master key etc. I've seen a few bypass options for the immobiliser system which I'm tempted to go with but as I've already invested a small fortune into the auto electrician I'd rather use what I've already paid for to finish the job.

Are there any suggestions on what I can do about this? This project has already gone on for 18 months and I'd really hate to sell off the car due to time and money restraints over the bloody security!

• 2 weeks later...

Great forum and thread . As you can tell I have a Pajero , my idea is to remove the diesel and fit a 1uz. I have learnt you can swap the Pajero bell housing ,torque convertor, input shaft and pump with the Lexus auto.I'm hoping the gearbox can be controlled from the existing auto ECU and kick down cable. there are other sensors etc on the old diesel that I may have to duplicate on the V8 .Funding this project is by way of the existing 4M40 selling for a few dollars , engine is almost out along with other bits that aren't needed .Again thanks for the info .....

Sorry yes I tend to confuse people with my ideas. Yes my scheme is to use the Pajero box and it's ECU .If you go on YouTube a guy I know has a Jeep/Lexus/Pajero just search that and you'll see!.My project will be more the mild-mannered look but with a surprise under the bonnet. The plan of attack is to install the Lexus bell housing and trial an alloy sump to check clearances, this will tell me whether to source a mid,rear or modify a front sump which are cheaper

Yay have put aside a 1UZ its a front sump ( if I need a rear there are rear sump kits on EBay $400 landed )My 4M40T is on trade me so fingers crossed it goes soon. Ive been pouring over your great docs and chopped a few trees down .Also printed a Pajero diagram to see if there is any similarity.

The motor I got is UCF21 not sure what this means I presume a late model.Again thanks heaps for the info

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys im in te awamutu and wana look at doing a 1uzfe turbo c33 laurel conversion. but the way im doing it is, buy motor, build, buy car, convert. now what i want to know is, is it possible for me to make up a strong engine stand, and bench fire it on the standard ecu. any of the hamilton guys keen to give me a helping hand? lol