Mrs shavenYak's 1985 Mitsubishi L200

shavenYak

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick a part in auckland is your friend, im not too familar with mitsis but surely there would be a FWD Sohc at pap and only cost less than 100 for a short block, But not sure how interchangable they are?

Actually

MOTOR, 4 CYL ASSY (NOT INJECTED) $174.00

BLOCK PETROL SHORT NO CYL HEAD $82.00

And there is plenty of stock at pick a part for a 2ltr engine so thats cheap??

YAY FOR FUEL!

I now have a replacement bottom end that I'm currently cleaning up, and will hopefully take it up to hastings this weekend and swap blocks over.

Something odd though.. I found this in the sump, a mysterious piece of bent thin steel. My guess is it was the spring ring from the oil filler cap, but then that doesn't make sense if the oil filler cap was a screw on, which I'm pretty sure it would have been.. Any ideas?

Actually, could it be an old bearing?

DSCF1158Large.jpg

which block, the original dud block or the block you got from me?

it almost looks like the balance shaft journal bearing, just severely deformed out of shape? They are a single piece 360deg round sleeve bearing which goes in as one piece.

bugger. oh well hopefully worst case scenario you can use it for parts like oil pump and crankshaft etc.

*edit* I would say it's most likely 22 if it's the left hand balance shaft (the one driven from a belt) that you're wiggling and has play. Or are you wiggling the oil pump driven shaft from the back of the shaft?