Chris's Lloyd 600 50s Drag Bike

Chris.QCR

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good. Lots of inspiration for me looking at this build as i have a 39' Royal Enfield frame with a pre unit box and Diahatsu Max engine sitting it in. Off to google Lloyd now..... Interesting motor.

I just spoke to an old man with a long grey beard (who has a 1930's AJS and the same vintage Matchless),

Who was that? My old neighbour was an AJS fiend. (And he was pushing 80 last time I saw him) He did a resto on an AJS for a mate of his too. That bike took out best british as some show a few years back.

• 1 year later...

So im back into this wild creation!!

Decided against the Triumph pre unit gearbox and im now on the hunt for a Harley Davidson 4 speed box. Easier for parts and stronger.

Also brought some MKII Amal carbs off a Triumph 650 Bonneville so with the help of Nick M he designed some flanges and they are currently getting laser cut then we will weld some pipe in between and then mount the carbs.

Also picked a early Puch Peanut tank which looks great i reckon! Will be terrible on open road mission but who cares!

Also working with a mate on Springer front end. He has cad designed a springer based on early 40s HD and that will be in production in the next couple weeks.

So with all this action happening i brought a set of Pangea Speed Zephyr bars! Its gonna be a pretty wild!

Also getting a mate Phil to spin up some brass trumpets for my carbs too!

Bobberaug13_zpsd0ce6e16.jpg

Zephyrbars_zpsd6b59fd4.jpg

• Like 2

A word of caution, a mate of mine told me a mate of his mate was working on an inner sprung hub with no idea what he was doing and when he opened it up it exploded him. He's dead.

So if you open it up don't do it over nice carpet.

Also this thing rules and so does your shed.