Chris's Lloyd 600 50s Drag Bike

Chris.QCR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah not really sorry mate . Was just about to get right into and then brought a ironhead sportster . So time and money has gone into im that instead . I've picked up a xl175 front end that I'll use to get The Lloyd rolling. Hoping to sell my cb350 soon so will be able to buy a triumph gearbox and start finishing the mounts off and focus on getting the engine running

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Yes yes yes.
Perhaps oldschool needs a belt driven inlet manifold thread.

I'll share some general blower guff wit ya all.

the super abridged version is, a four stroke engine breaths half it's swept volume per revolution. (In yourcase, 600 divided by two being 300cc)
on an NA engine, on the intake cycle the engine breathes in air at atmospheric pressure. (14.7psi at sea level) A supercharger is just a pump. (techincally so is an engine) By either using a supercharger which displaces more air than the engine, or overdrivingĀ  the supercharger to shift more air than the engine displaces, the engine will intake a largerĀ MassĀ of air than it otherwise would. as this air is mixed with fuel, more power is made.Ā 
Boost, is a term often bandied about. Boost is only a measure of the resistance between the supercharger, and the cylinder of the engine. Things like a very good or very poor flowing intake tract can effect this.Ā 

Given you have 300cc per rev, and AMR300 driven at 1:1 would net a boost figure of zero. (Assuming your engine has 100% volumetric effeciency, and your supercharger moves it's advertised volume. (no wear and tear/no losses through belt slip etc)Ā  If you drove it at double crank speed, youd feeding the engine twice the air it could otherwise take. Would would be a theoretical one bar.Ā  Thats an awful lot of boost for such an old engine.Ā 
So perhaps 1.5 times overdriven would be a safer "starting point"
Ā 

Thats the abridged version.Ā 

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Chris.QCR said:

So first question off the bat is 1:1 is in relation to pulley size ? So identical size pulley on motor and blower ?

Yes exactly.
so youll want your crank pulley to have 1.5 times the circumference of the pulley on the super charger.

• Like 1