Chris's Lloyd 600 50s Drag Bike

Chris.QCR

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey bud ! That's how the engine is mounted in the car . That angle I mean . Still working on engine mounts . Got my bars on Thursday and currently making a mock up mount to show the bars on the bike before the forks are made. Have also decided that since ill never make this thing legal that in gonna flag the front brake and go for a foot clutch to keep the bars real clean . Also go for internal slide throttle

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just whipped up the rear engine mount!

So engine is all mounted now

Also high mounted the Tank at the front. Unsure on the look just get might end up dropping it. Will sort a pic out soon

Also now that the engine is mounted i can get the carbs mounted!

Gonna track down a vintage car fender at the upcoming swapmeat  to cut up for a rear fender

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Amal Carbs mounted thanks to Nick M.! Looking great ! Will take the carbs out to swap meet tomorrow and give to Phil to work his magic on some metal spun trumpets

Also shifted the engine across 10mm as i wasnt happy with the position and finished off bottom engine mount

Have been working on Springer forks with my mate Andy. He has his made and will be test fitting them on mine this weekend then we will commence production of mine next week at the laser cutters. All out of Stainless Steel! Gonna be so Shiny!

Progressing nicely

Cheers guys! The other bike is my mate Andys. Its a Triumph T100. Early 50s. 500 Twin. 18" rear with Shinko 4.50 tire and a 19x3.00 front with avon speedmaster tire.

The tank is hand built out of Washington DC. The hardtail rear is hand made by andy.

His frame is about 3 inches longer than mine. His flatmate is building a Yamaha XS650 bobber too. Real clean and tidy. Will get pics of both bikes when a bit more complete!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...