1963 Morris Mini Discussion

Logo

Ah thanks for the spring images so they are right then. The guy had most of the brakes taken apart and in a box so I had to kind of guess by bad images on how to put them together.

As with the brake shoes there is some pad on them but I'll probably end up replacing them as a pair of them is very worn Tori is coming around after work so I'll let him have a squizat how I've put them together

Also today going to try my crazy homejob dizzy fix to see if I can get it started but cheers for all the help guys keep it coming :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just popped around

seems a fibre washer/spacer was omitted from the dizzy, possibly from the previous owner

Distributor is distributing, spark isnt great but its there. Plugs are pretty foul and the points are way out (for logan to sort once he gets some feeler gauges, forgot to bring mine).

Diddnt get a chance to check out the brake situation as he was busy off spewing his ring out with aids or soemthing

well currently spent maybe 3-4 hours trying to get these exhaust ends off the engine so i can replace the exhaust gasket...but they don't seem to budge at all like they nearly come off but the middle one comes so far out then hits the engine bay.... anyway around this that's easy?

Well it's pretty much been 2 days trying to get this stupid exhaust to come off so I can just replace the gasket....Considering just kicking in the firewall just so it can slide out easier or even at all...anyway around this? Because I'm running out of ideas

Well it's pretty much been 2 days trying to get this stupid exhaust to come off so I can just replace the gasket....Considering just kicking in the firewall just so it can slide out easier or even at all...anyway around this? Because I'm running out of ideas

il come over tomorrow sometime and check it out

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering if anyone who else has a Mini has a set of wheel nuts or a couple they have spare I really only need 1 and also an adjuster peg for the rear drum brakes i'm missing one of those also or if anyone knows where you can find one because everyone I seem to ask about them have no idea what it is because it looks like the inner of a door lock..

Muchly appreciated if anyone has these parts just leave a post on here

Cheerssss

Whats the cost of the wheel nut or set of nuts and the adjuster peg? and postage due to the fact money has been soaked up quickly by the mini :P

Also anyone got a pic of the front drum brakes with the single ended springs for it? Can't seem to figure how they fit on they seem super loose even tho they are the right cylinders...

Whats the cost of the wheel nut or set of nuts and the adjuster peg? and postage due to the fact money has been soaked up quickly by the mini :P

Also anyone got a pic of the front drum brakes with the single ended springs for it? Can't seem to figure how they fit on they seem super loose even tho they are the right cylinders...

No idea.

And no. :lol:

Idk when I can next go to strong bros. Maybe tuesday?

Can't you just get a set of wheelnuts from Ripco or Superchump?