1jz-ge want to add turbo.

bosozoku_gx71

Basically I figure I need map sensors, going to get a turbo intake plenum, injectors, head gasket. But I'm curious what sort of turbo to run, would ideally like to get a single turbo set up off a vvti engine but seems real hard to find. So I'm asking how hard would it be to get one ct26 2jz turbo and run it as a single. Should I get high mount extractors. Or if anyone knows of a better turbo to use or an easier way? Don't want huge power or boost levels. Just give it abit of help.

I was told the non turbo heads have a different exhaust manifold patten so it may pay to check this.

I would also suspect if the engine is healthy enough it should be happy to run 8-10 psi without a new geadgasket ( I ran 20 psi on my old 1gge motor).

What is the plan for the ECU, the n/a one probably won't be too happy dealing with boost?

runs 10.49 @ 131 for less than $5k total.

yeah.........nah

he be lying. I'm not saying it wasn't done really cheaply but unless he got most stuff for free/stole stuff and used slave labour it definitely cost more. People just count how much big ticket things cost and forget all the other stuff too, fuel lines, tyres, cut off wheels, boxes of beers etc.

edit: ok after skim reading the thread a little yeah, maybe he spent less than $5k but I am right in that he got most of the stuff for free or next to nothing which ok thats cool but is very much a distorted picture if anyone thinks oh yeah im going to do more or less the same thing.

Yea, I have to say, that it was possibly a bit misleading, I don't think anyone could repeat the exercise for the same $$ but I do believe that he did it for that price.

If you look at the rules for the 13s for $1300 competion then you will see that everything thats had for free has to be priced at market value, a few items like drag radials are not included in the price though. After all the coveted "Performanceforums Niggerdick Ashtray of Glory" is up for grabs, why would he want to jeopardise his chances???

Yeah after thinking about it, there is better ways i could spend the money. Coilovers, big rear diff which means subframe conversion. It will slide sweet as and its still got decent power. I guess im just sick of it because of the open diff more than anything, get a lockey/lsd in it and i will be in love again.

Yeah after thinking about it, there is better ways i could spend the money. Coilovers, big rear diff which means subframe conversion. It will slide sweet as and its still got decent power. I guess im just sick of it because of the open diff more than anything, get a lockey/lsd in it and i will be in love again.

/your own wheels. It's not a perma-loan!

/your own wheels. It's not a perma-loan!

I know I know! I'm thinking about getting some stealies widened to keep it looking cool and so I can get my ssr's off to polish them and paint them etc, and of purse get ur wats back. But man I love them!!!! Haha

• 2 weeks later...