Boostng an hs4 s.u?

BAR118

See if you can get a hold of an SU from an MG Metro Turbo. They were blow through. Might be hard to sort out a suitable needle though...

Or buy David Vizard's "Modify BL's A series engine". It's essential for someone modifying the A series.

there are a few ways to do it

one way is to seal the carb in a presurized box/boost pressure but thats a pain in the arse

the other way is to select appropriate bike carbs and modify to suit :lol:

So am I predy much shit out of luck if I want to use an S.u for blowthrough?

From what little i know, you just have to make sure the throttle spindle and float bowl seal well. Then run a line to the float bowl vent. SU's are pretty well sealed anyways and fairly easy to use for blow through. On webers and holleys they usually just slam the whole carb in an airtight container. The MG Maestro turbo had SU carbs from the factory and i believe it was a blow through setup...could be wrong tho.

Found this tuning guide when messing around with researching carbs; http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/inde ... tid=159683

Might help you?

You need an HIF44 off a metro dude, anything else wont work at all. True story, any Metro will have one, then change needle using the old one as a base then going thinner till you eliminate flatspots. Use one of the many online calculators to eliminate guesswork with needles and it will work a lot better than rolling road plus cheaper.

You need an HIF44 off a metro dude, anything else wont work at all. True story, any Metro will have one, then change needle using the old one as a base then going thinner till you eliminate flatspots. Use one of the many online calculators to eliminate guesswork with needles and it will work a lot better than rolling road plus cheaper.

Are all the hif44's suited to boost?

Are all the hif44's suited to boost?

Yep, generally, there was no difference between standard metro and turbo one but needle profile.

Joker, draw through turbos work well, for a while.. Carbon seals and fuel dont mix too well, also blow-through SU is pretty much the simplest way to go + tried and tested

ihi supercharger im guessing?

runamuck might know if they like fuel/draw though or not, ive never looked into it

but 5psi from that blower on such a small engine would really not need an intercooler

I'm thinkning about going for the smaller Eaton m45 ae, the IHI charger is just a fair bit too big to try jam into the engine bay.

ihi supercharger im guessing?

runamuck might know if they like fuel/draw though or not, ive never looked into it

but 5psi from that blower on such a small engine would really not need an intercooler

I'm thinkning about going for the smaller Eaton m45 ae, the IHI charger is just a fair bit too big to try jam into the engine bay.

I had a guy on here offer me an m45 for the IHI so I'm just waiting to hear back from him.