Tortrons commer truck of win

Testament

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

grind the crack out a wee bit then put a squirt of high temp sealant in it and wrap it all up with kneed it.

i done it to a xa falcon water pump as a quick fix to get me home when i was younger and it was still going when i sold the car 1 year later.

Bit hard to see with all the bits in the way, but the pump is still water tight (also it has broken clean off)

That part is basicly a bracket which holds the impeller shaft. Inspection shows this unit has been damaged in the past - possibly a contributing factor to that failure (housing has a part broken off)

Its noted in the truck history this one had its blades brased up and re ground. Not fantastic work, but it passed :lol: , its even signed and dated on the impeller

With the unit off, it looks as if i could just tap some holes and bolt it back together with a heavy piece of steel

Anyway

Made a new gasket

Installed good pump

Reinstalled engine fan

Shes all happy again.

Am going to try motorcycle chain lube on the shaft and see how that goes

Yes cam, it hurts me deeply to touch the parts pile. I guess im doing pretty well tho, its been a while since she was used daily

• 1 month later...

its pretty much luxury

Also affixed sidelight

and properly hooked up the temp gauge, plus a light, and modified backing bracket to fit.

Cant figure out where i put the bracket marked - found bolted to head, unsure of purpose

im pretty sure its for the bistarter throttle control, which would be real nice to have working in the summer so i dont have a million revs when in traffic

• 4 weeks later...

Started the old girl up today (2 weeks of sitting)

started right up after priming and runs like clockwork (the brits were never renowned for clocks)

pootled over to Te Rapa, parked next to circa 30s bright yellow coupe. Then went across the street and enquired about towbar fitting.

"booked" in for next week, had a chuckle

- oh we can do it anytime

-- well i can leave it with you today if you like

- Oh, ah, well iv got that truck in there and then a dihatsu to do and its just me at the moment, so uhh next week