Tortrons commer truck of win

Testament

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is built with the idea that some poor sod is going to have to repair this on a hillside somewhere with some wire, a pocket knife and whatever happens to be growing nearby

Several drain points on the radiator and engine so your block wont freeze overnight

Crank start because of prince of darkness electrics

radiator hoses are straight

No oil filter - remove the sump and hose out the mesh

Nothing not absolutely necessary for the vehicle to do its job, i dont even have a cigar lighter or interior light

blow a fuse? no spare? just use the one good one left inbetween the two terminals

added in over the years

Passenger door catch is a door hook :lol: stops passengers from falling out quite well

Running again

radiator is water tight

wasnt charging

fan belt ended up growing too long, so picked up a Mitsubishi one which should do the job.

Dulux Ivy green paint is no longer made, not keen on having to mix anything to match. So will try some Deep Brunswick green killrust, Its pretty spot on (although there are several greens on the truck, and some is showing the lighter green underneath, truck was 2 tone for a while) So will probably end up giving everything another coat and dealing to any areas which need some further love.

Bodywork can stay how it is, the dents are far too valuable to take out.

Picked up a huge tool box last night, Galvanised 1700 long x 400wide x 400deep. Its huge, would like it on the tray behind the cab, so may need to change where the spare wheel sits - im sure there is an original mount under the tray for it

carb now has new gaskets, got it nice and hot with no leaks

Numberplate tightened

Dont think the cork i got is large enough for the tappet cover

on a cold start, from a dry carb with a few cranks, i lose maybe 5ml, cant wait to see what the guy in the pit thinks when it drives over :lol:

Took the door apart, think i need to take the window runner out to remove the bits i want. It can just wait for now i think

the biggest things that bug me about this truck are the new 3 way switch for the high low beams and the non matching new aftermarket water temp gauge

solution

new old smiths (would ideally find an AC in Fahrenheit) Celsius water temp

was going to put in one of the foot dip switches that came with the truck, or one i have. But looking at the wireing diagram just now i figured out what the switch under the horn button on the steering wheel is. H L for the lights, not high low horns :bounce: will check out the state of things tomorrow and see what i can put right

I have an AC gauge in centigrade. i think it might have farenheit too. I'll try to remember to dig it out tomorrow.

tbh i took it out coz it never went over 40 degrees due to a toasted sender adn i didn't nkow/care what the resistance readings were. hooked it to a 10-180 ohm sender that came with my new gauge and it read the exact same values, so seems rather accurate. you can have it for frees if it'll help.

gutted i never bought the full fuel, oil pressure, temp, and voltage AC set i saw at the swapmeet for $20.

number plate is one number off being amazing .

fuck this is sweet there chap .

bet they just made clearnaces in everything massive and all the bearings out of lead to absorb any nasties that go through the engine :lol: .

and assumed people driving this would change oil every 1000ks