BlownCoronas 1971 Toyota Corona

BlownCorona

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

hey mate, i recently got a free 1978 hilux 18r ute with a 5spd, off a mates farm he no longer uses, so i'm going down the 18r path :P just gotta put a timing chain in it, will probs put it in stock for now, then once it gets boring will go down a similar path to you :)

can't wait to see some updates on this beast!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From earlier in the build

"got the Porsche 924 seats in, went it extremely well, only needed to re drill the 2 bolt holes on one Toyota rail, and with a piece of angle iron, drill the bolt pattern for the Toyota rail, and the seat bolt pattern on the other angle."

So regardless of what your wof man has said int he past, it technicaaly should fail a wof/require cert according to the stuff Rog posted so harden up haha

From the link posted (cheers btw)

No cert needed for following

the seat is either an unmodified OE seat from another vehicle or of a known and reputable aftermarket brand, and

– the seat is fitted to unmodified OE seat anchorages, and

– the seatbelt anchorage or operation is not affected, and

– the seat components (including brackets, runners and rails) are compatible with each other, ie they are either OE components from a production vehicle or of a known and reputable aftermarket brand, and are not fitted together by welding,

In my eyes I fit this criteria? Reputable seat, original seat rails and an adapter bracket that is compatible?

From the link posted (cheers btw)

No cert needed for following

the seat is either an unmodified OE seat from another vehicle or of a known and reputable aftermarket brand, and

– the seat is fitted to unmodified OE seat anchorages, and

– the seatbelt anchorage or operation is not affected, and

– the seat components (including brackets, runners and rails) are compatible with each other, ie they are either OE components from a production vehicle or of a known and reputable aftermarket brand, and are not fitted together by welding,

In my eyes I fit this criteria? Reputable seat, original seat rails and an adapter bracket that is compatible?

Key words in red - presumably the adapter bracket is homemade?

Though the link mentions brackets, rails and runners?

I mean I totally agree if the adapter was made from panel steel (which I've seen) but mine is 4mm steel, but on the flip side I did make the braket and I'm not an aftermarket manufacturer so I guess that's what throws it out, dumb since half the aftermarket shit I've seen it made of weatbix

• 2 weeks later...

It is a pain when you get wofs every time with things that might not be quite legal even though easily strong enough. Then one day the tester has a bad start to the day and picks on your car.

Hey- you building a MS2 from a kit- did you get it from diyautotune? Its so fun and interesting building that sort of stuff- especially as it can be done while seated in the comfort of home. 

I recognise the lockups as Hannah and popped through there the other day to check out how solid that wagon is. Must PM you back.

I'm building an ms1 but yep it's great fun, I think I'll leave it till Auckland to install rather than risk the drivability, I'm excited for what I should offer to the car thought! Might need some help with ignition maps...

Sorry I was so slack with the details on the wag, the seargent I spoke to wasn't actually in charge of it all and I hadn't gotten around to tracking down who was, but it sounds like you did alright without me haha