BlownCoronas 1971 Toyota Corona

BlownCorona

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly i think it was the only way it was going to work.

plans now that it moves under its own power is get the spots of rust sorted and respray it. 

will work on fine tuning it after all this as its not such a major job and i can do it in spots of spare time

going with the BMW colour B38 

71022244.jpg

• Like 1

oh yeah, will look into it, gonna have a while to look at all the tuning stuff anyway since the plan is, now that i know they work (albeit not 100% perfect yet)

is panel and paint and build my new engine, the current engine is so well fucked its amazing its still runs. 

then ill chase perfection on the carbs side with the final engine sitting in the bay. 

i was hoping to have it done by new years, its possible, maybe..

• 1 month later...

Sorry, it's just very frustrating, I've spent the last couple days searching the net for how every other forum embeds stuff and none of them work on this one, and I was not keen to just upload 75 photos one by one, I'm on my phone at the moment so I'll get you the link shortly, but perhaps a sticky on how this forum needs things formatted to embed would be good.

I just don't understand how everything can work in the preview post window but not once published?

car looks great mate, how did it go with the bike carbs, i had bike carbs on my original engine (2r) but pretty sure they were off a 250cc bike, didn't know what sort of bike they were off though, i ended up putting a 12r in it, just a stocker, but have a set of gsx 750 carbs i'm thinking of putting on it, wanna build a hotty 12r, but can't decide if its worth wasting my time on a 12r, when a stock 18r will probs have more go than a semi hotty 12r haha, would be cool though.

i like the seats you got, i badly need better seats haha, its like driving on a water bed.... i might try to get something leather or vinyl on the backs but with material inserts or whatever you wanna call it where you sit, coz leather aint nice on 40 degree days haha

cheers man.

I had heaps of problems with my bike carb manifold not sealing at the head, but ive almost fixed that issue and the bike carbs run great, Huge gain in power even on this sad old engine, ive just about finished building a hotted up 18r with raised compression and a reground camshaft so that should nicely compliment these carbs.

the carbs I have are from a GSXR1100, pretty huge carbs and can supply quite a lot of fuel. ive upped the jetting to 1.8 at the moment and the needeles are raised as high as they can go.

I think ill be drilling the jets more but im waiting for the new engine to properly tune it.

I don't suppose you would have a spare fuel flap/ licence plate flap do you? mines pretty trashed

mine has no hinges and i dont even know how it was meant to fit together, ive welded 2 gate hinges to it and painted it black for now, actually looks pretty good, but doesnt fold down properly. 

could i trouble you for a photo of what they are even meant to look like? i cant find a close up anywhere on the net at all

i circled the spots as its hard to see, sorry about crap pics, left one is broken off the bottom and the pin is gone, probs wouldn't be hard to make it again though.

http://s981.photobucket.com/user/glenpos/media/070120143857_zps93efd047.jpg.html

http://s981.photobucket.com/user/glenpos/media/070120143859_zps75dbf5ae.jpg.html

http://s981.photobucket.com/user/glenpos/media/070120143858_zpscd3ef43e.jpg.html

does yours have the part thats bolted to the car or is that what you made? maybe chuck a pic up so i can get what you mean haha

looking at your photos i can see that my flap is missing both hinge hole thingies from the main plate and is bolted on upside down so that it sort of works, its always been attached to the car this way since i got it!

your photos were very helpful in working out how its meant to be attached! though ill have to leave mine as is for a while.