BlownCoronas 1971 Toyota Corona

BlownCorona

hey man do you think you could have a quick look under ya hood and see what colour the wire is that goes to the oil pressure switch? and tell me roughly where it is in the loom. trying to track my one donw and just cant find the little cunt haha.

also you wouldn't have a spare water temp sensor lying round?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey man do you think you could have a quick look under ya hood and see what colour the wire is that goes to the oil pressure switch? and tell me roughly where it is in the loom. trying to track my one donw and just cant find the little cunt haha.

yeah man, ill just pop out now with a torch, also when i get around to it ill be wireing in my aftermarket water temp gauge, my gauge dosnt really work and im not sure if its the sender or the gauge, but your welcome to it/motivate me to go get the brass adapter to run the new sender

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did you up the jetting/drill the jets on the carbs or are they running standard? (didnt see any mention of this). If you havnt then it will be lean as fuck

Looks like you are running vacuum lines of the runners, I would check these for leaks/start by plugging them to see if it makes a difference (Ive plugged my ones but I don't have a brake booster so didn't bother hooking the dizzy advance up, might do in the future though).

ive upped them to 1.6 which i saw listed often as a good starting point (hence why i think its a little lean)

ive not got anything tapped off the runners YET, my thinking was that i would keep it strait and basic for now and get it running well, and then add brake booster and such. 

that said, i know that i need 4x orings that fit under the green top caps and seal the vacuum ports, they may or may not be sealing currently. 

ah yep good stuff. Ive learnt that its worth replacing/fixing EVERYTHING that can be the first time haha, saves a lot of trouble.

Cant help much on the jetting side sorry as mine were already done.....although there a a few guys on here who should be able to offer some advice (only listen too the people who have actually done it and got it working haha)

good luck, bet you will be grinning like a chump first drive (I know I was!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff!

On a side not, I chucked filters on mine today (just those token pod filters), must have made it too rich as it sucked the power and would bog on on full throttle.

Good excuse to keep them off and make more noise.

yeah it definitely looks like filters arnt required. as its running pretty well already, and ive not really tuned yet, havnt syncd the carbs and still have leaks!. 

excited that i can keep to my original picture of chrome velocity stacks!.