BlownCoronas 1971 Toyota Corona

BlownCorona

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep that would have been me, just smashed out a Blenheim to Auckland trip since I'm now posted to whenuapai. Wasn't a pilot vehicle for those bikers though haha.

I'll do more of a write up on my trip when I get my Internet set up, but that's the furtherest I've ever driven it! And I had so much gear in it I was 25mm off the ground. My exhaust is toast

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The two gaurd badges are on with factory clips. The boot badge is missing most of the mounting posts and I tried a slightly adhesive silicon because I don't want to damage the paint.

But its not worked so I'll be trying something else

Get some double sided trim tape, adhere the sticky side to the back in a couple of strips then trim off around the letters, pull the plastic backing off the stickier side and slap that bitch on the bootlid. Just make sure you're square first time around.

sometimes when we replace a screw we don't even put a black one back in  :pale:

ironically enough the gauge panel was made from some left over 2024 aircraft skin alloy  8) but the alclad layer was all fucked up so essentially worthless 

• 1 month later...

i have had this thought, and the honest answer is im not sure how its going to affect it, if at all. it doesnt seem to be too an issue at idle. and im not far off having the ecu in the car, at which point i can go for a drive with the laptop looking at the tps signal and make a decision.

but if it does present a problem, it will require a few more major parts to be redesigned so ill see how this goes.

• 2 weeks later...

as a quick follow up, when the engine is at it most shaky on warm up, at worst i get a 3% fluctuation of TPS signal. i dont think this will be enough to trigger a timing change, and even if it did it would only be a degree or so. 

pretty sure it wont be that shaky once running proper timing control  anyway. 

• 1 month later...

Might be an opportune time to consider switching to EFI perhaps? With the megasquirt already in action all of the hard work is done, just need to sort out fuel system and redo the manifold really. Could probably pick up some 4AGE ITBs pretty cheap

slightly tempted, though the entire idea was to retain carb induction. because i really like carbs. despite the fact i could probably get better results with fuel injection. 

will consider though

, depends on how much its going to cost for the replacement parts or a new set of carbs. and to think, with the corona finished i was so looking forward into finishing the cycle car, or modifying the z31 for some track day fun haha. 

• Like 1