OldNathans RX30 Cressida 1UZ discussion

OldNathan

Build Thread > viewtopic.php?f=17&t=29017

Well guys I got deep into the abyss that the internet is and managed to find a RX30 for sale a few months back. Rang the guy only to find he still had it, wanted $1500 less then advertised and was one 30 mins from me!!!! I am now the proud owner of a RX30 Sedan and love it. 1UZ Project build thread time! Goes in for a wof today which will come back cracked windscreen and Im guessing wheel bearing at the least. Not the mintist but also no major bangs. Just small ones that people try to fix with every shade of brown under the sun/earth.

One thing that I have never seen anything so cool in my life is this thing tells you when you are cruising. How does it know I am now doing this!

2011-07-18135011.jpg

2011-07-18114114.jpg

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I already have the 1UZ in the shed that was going in the hiace. The Hiace is a 2.0 petrol with a blown motor (1RZ) and Im wondering if the 18R from the Cressy will go into it? Pretty keen to get this party started. I left the bloody auto box in Japan thinking I wouldnt need it dam it. I wonder if its still in the yard over there or if I scrapped it. I wonder if I have any money left to MANUAL IT!!! :twisted:

Shit well done man!

Remove door mirrors and relocate to fenders for more win.

Don't do this. Those mirrors will look stupid as hell on the fenders at least get the proper ones if you want to do this.

Good score though! So we'll be seeing this at Hawkes Boes come Labour Weekend I hope :D

I need auto BOX!

But fucken sweet shit dude!

Well done on the find, given it only took you a day or two haha

Sounds like you have your shit pretty together, but if you need help or advise let me know,

here was my motivation for wanting to own one, and still is Hah

018.jpg

I have seen your old mk2 round the place a few times mate, looked sweet. Also be careful with the owner of that there coupe, he is a bit gay.

Aren't we all?! puhuhu

^^ That same pic is what made me buy mine after VG showed me the TM thread for the one I have. The offwhite/ivory colour is awesome. Do that!

Would be keen to go halves in a parts car if you/we find one?

One thing that I have never seen anything so cool in my life is this thing tells you when you are cruising. How does it know I am now doing this!

2011-07-18114114.jpg

Since noone seems to have answered this. Its just a vacuum gauge. Not many cars have them because theres not alot of point, basically just a boost gauge that doesnt have the boost part :lol:

pretty certian the one he is talking about is at Beejay Wreakers here in napier.

But I may have imagined that.

Hey dude yeah thats the one. Managed to get there before they shut today and poached the dentless bonnet and the clutch pedalbox and master cylinder. The bonnet should be on the car by the weekend. Popped a tire on the way home so put the SSR 14 inch Longchamps on her when I got home for the warrent.

Oh and got it back from the warrent and all it failed on was the screen! So that will be sorted then all legit. Then its time to make it not legit haha.

My mate picked it up from the warrent place and took a pic, loaded it up on the computer and did a lowering job and sent it to me haha.

IMG_1407.jpg

Shit well done man!

Remove door mirrors and relocate to fenders for more win.

Yes was on the hunt last night for some more mirrors. Finally found those ones a few weeks ago on trade me and I sell them on the bloody GX71. Time to start the hunt again! Open to charity.

2011-07-18114114.jpg

Since noone seems to have answered this. Its just a vacuum gauge. Not many cars have them because theres not alot of point, basically just a boost gauge that doesnt have the boost part :lol:

It's an econometer, dick :P

Anyway - this is a classified. Not a discussion thread. Sorry... start a project thread and I'll shift all this discussion into the appropriate discussion thread once there's a project to discuss!

Well guys Time to get some help on this one. I'll start a build thread when I have a few spare moments but this is a start.

Will be lowering her this weekend to take to Auckland for the CRC Speedshow. The old owner threw in some evo shocks and springs he had for it but took out for a warrent. I'll update exactly what they are and if they are any good once they are in/going in.

Here are the pics the old owner had listed. I got it cheaper minus the plate and wheels as I had no need for them.

640.jpg

639.jpg

Here she is when I got her home...

2011-07-18135011.jpg

More to come in the next few days.

Took her in the for a warrent the day I got her. Failed on a cracked screen. Will be sorted in a few days.