wellington crew to swapmeet

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keen for a convoy and I could wrangle an afternoon off if need be but the chances of getting everyone else in the same boat is fairly slim - so keen to leave pretty smartly after work or finish a little early (say 4pm) and hit the road.

But thats just me cos I like to get my bewze on ASAP - but I'm a passenger so TBH I'm at the mercy of my driver so whatever they choose is fine by me.

will see what others say (who else is coming up?) and go from there. Leaving around 5 would be a cunt with traffic? or nah. tbh I dont get home or an hour after I finish work, plus half an hour to get ready to roll etc,

But thats just me cos I like to get my bewze on ASAP - but I'm a passenger so TBH I'm at the mercy of my driver so whatever they choose is fine by me.

Well you're my passenger, so you can shut your mouth and leave when I'm ready. :lol:

Seriously though, I'm not sure how much more I can take the piss with work and keep asking to finish early for booze trips on Fridays, so I'm a bit hesitant to ask. Getting away at 5-5.30ish is probably best for me. Either way, the drive to Feilding is short as fuck so getting away at that time really won't be the end of the world.

To traffic, I say 'meh'. It's never that bad anyway. As long as you're not driving something that bores you to death, who cares?

Edit: You shouldn't be driving something that bores you to death to Swap Meet anyway.

If i didnt take time off, I wouldnt be home till 6, but would be in the car by 615 driving north etc, so is that too late? would be at pliimerton around 645ish

or I could take a few hours off and be ready to roll earlier

6pm isn't late. Feilding is really not far. I'd say even with heaps of traffic leaving town it wouldn't be any more than 2.5 hours. As long as everyone's packed, gassed up and stocked with booze, we should be straight up there with minimal fucking around.

I ususally get raped by traffic after the weigh station, often all the way to pram/waikanae or sometimes even brotaki. it would seem tha tleaving welly at 7pm means you miss all the traffic. When I first moved down I'd often try and go home at 6pm. would usually get to feilding around 9pm. leave at 7, turn up at 9pm also. weird.

anywho, if it's a good traffic day you'll beat that. I'm just gonna hoon up round 7ish.