Goat's almost WOF spec Zed

Seedy Al

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What temp do you suggest setting my oven at home too, to get a decent wrinkle

To cure paint bake in an oven for one hour at 200ºF (93ºC) Note that this may cause the wrinkles to be tighter.

Also note tighter wrinkles=dope ass wrinkles yo!

you prime that shit first??

Also, got told from the guy I work with that A call came through about motor, and that the bores dont look to hot........

So now i'm midly up shits creek as i need to make a decision.....

not sure If i mentioned it earlier but the guy we sold the strokers van to rolled up the other day and said he has an l28 sitting in a mark one transit just up the road.... so considering buying that now, however means I need to pull it out of a transit, oh and pay money for it too...

Or i could look into the Z24 pistons..... and see if there is some sweet head gasket avaible

Going to get flamed for this but what about putting an RB series engine in? It will make loads more power and probably be cheaper on parts. Tardme has complete engines for fuck all these days.

After building the 2lt 8V engine on 45 Webbers for the Strada it made me realise I probably would have been better off building a 2lt 16V engine on quads.

Either way 240z's are such cool cars!

WOW :shock: I missed this one. You lucky bastard!

I like the patina of your 240 more than the mint 260Z owned by that old lady I've been helping to get it on the road for because like you say you can just use and abuse it without a worry.

...Not that I would complain if I managed to get Eves car...

Fuck I bet it must sound amazing with those webers on song. I hope you get it sorted in time for track day just so we can all see vids of it blasting about. :D

Going to get flamed for this but what about putting an RB series engine in? It will make loads more power and probably be cheaper on parts. Tardme has complete engines for fuck all these days.

After building the 2lt 8V engine on 45 Webbers for the Strada it made me realise I probably would have been better off building a 2lt 16V engine on quads.

Either way 240z's are such cool cars!

And yeah, dont hate the idea of an rb engine,

however its the feel of an old engine, the sound of the webbers, the noise of the exhuast....... gah so sexy,

Where are rb's are pretty meh to be honest

need a block stat

Hold up!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=394946087

Expensey but.

I wrinkled my cover BTW, just a light sand all over and sprayed, some bits didn't wrinkle as much as I would've liked thou. Will see if I have a picture.

That is heaps in my opioion

There was a complete 280z just on trade me locally for like $500, its fucked, but with the scrap of parts etc it would be a good option

Will see if it pops up again

However i'm hoping that this motor in Welly will come through as it will be perfect as I could get it bored by Grotty / parker.

On that note, JB weld has no use here. The probelm is that the bores them selves have water damage, so rings probabaly wont set in correctly as it is.