Goat's almost WOF spec Zed

Seedy Al

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck............ i really dont want to go with flares as i love the factory guards etc

But I also want it to look fucken low...... Did not realise that in Robs pic that was de sprung.

Will have to see how shit pans out,

that green zed is fucken sweet, the silver one, i dont like so much, they are trying to hard in America to go for the ruff look

I think if i wanted flared out mad 240z, I would be buying the sweet turbo l series left hook one on trade me at a pretty sweet price.

Can you get them pretty easy in nz now? :shock:

The blue one has way better fitment now but I couldn't find the pictures, still doesn't have flares and the wheels are refurbed. Looks tits. Will have a look at home on my laptop

It's also an S130, not an S30.

Just checking, given that if you were talking about the specifics of fitment (actual figures) as opposed to just the appearance then the figures would be different for what fits the S30 vs. the S130. You wit me? We gravy? ;)

...and dude, you'd be surprised at how many people can't tell the difference. :lol:

Yeah yeah all good, I know the difference but as far as offsets go all I know is they can take wide negative offset wheels, no specifics... It's just the only z I've seen lately with no flares that is pretty awesome all round imo.

Just look at a distance and don't break it down cunt! :)

Sweet car, I remember seeing it on Trademe I think?

If it's an LD crank it'll have V07 cast into it somewhere, near the back of the crank on one of the counterweights from memory?

What head/block numbers does it have? And what diameter is the bore currently at? The fuel "box" is pretty sweet.

Yeah its LD crank, has V07 jammed on it.

N45 block and head

To be honest i Know nothing of these engines haha, just winging it for now till i read some stuff.

However bore looks pretty original, plenty of meat left. Will get some stuff to measure up bore tomorrow

Looks very interesting, it already has a 240mm clutch by the looks of it.

You'll need to figure out what rods they are before you can determine what piston to use. The normal ones that people use in 3.1 builds are L20ET/L24 rods which are 133mm long (center to center from the big end/small end holes from memory). If they are about 130mm they are factory L28 rods.

Pistons could be Z22 1mm over if the rods are L24 ones, if the rods are L28 ones I'm not sure what the pistons would be, they'd need to have a lower gudgeon pin hole/tall deck height. They look cast and appear to have been fly cut to clear the valves?

The crank looks like it's been lightened, does every counter weight have those holes in it? Definitely check the thrust surfaces on the crank itself if the thrust surfaces on the middle bearing are worn, I had to replace the crank in my old 3.1 because of that.

yeah looks like crank and rods have been balanced

sweet will measure the rods, your a wealth of knowledge that I am to lazy to look in to at this stage.

So thanks

and yeah dont worry I will be checking the crank over pretty damn good