Goat's Datsun 240z.

I am pretty useless. But not that useless.

Have still been working on this.

I have had these fine pieces of kit in my possession for a couple of months but have been too scared to fit them for fear of me stuffing it up as once i start, there is no return:

DSCF0808.JPG

However, i managed to man up and just get into it. Lots of measuring, marking and remeasuring:

DSCF0809.JPG

Drilling some holes:

DSCF0810.JPG

Drilling some bigger holes. The point of no return:

DSCF0811.JPG

Cutting some stuff:

DSCF0827.JPG

DSCF0813.JPG

Filing some stuff:

DSCF0817.JPG

Rough mockup to see if stuff actually fits. Its looking good.:

DSCF0818.JPG

Properly mounting some stuff:

DSCF0829.JPG

Job done. Both sides. What a relief. Didn't go as badly as i had expected:

DSCF0832.JPG

Managed to gain that elusive 20mm with these new strut tops. Yay.

Big ups to Kicker for yarns, helping hand, and motivational support.

Now to sort the rear camber control. Will probably be looking at adjustable bottom arms for that as i cannot run camber plates as my roll cage bolts to the top of the rear struts.

And the other option of ecentric bushes seems a little make shift for my liking. And probably won't get enough adjustment.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update time!

After getting the coilovers in, it looked good, but didn't tick all boxes. Still was a bit high in the front and i couldn't wind the front down anymore without springs becoming uncaptive. Keeper springs were a must!

I have been hoarding bits for this since hawkes boes last year. Getting some goodies.

Got some techno toy tuning suspension arms and castor arms. I mainly got the rear arms to allow the negative camber to be adjusted out. :(. I couldnt fit camber plates in the back. And it has too much negative camber for cert. Plus they look pretty and are 13234234 times more solid than the factory pressed steel bottom arms.

Just need some T3 bottom front arms to complete it then everything will be new and quite a bit more substantial than factory.

After having parked this in the shed after nats and having not even looked at it since, I though it best that i actually did some work on it and get it closer to being back on the road.

Had gathered a nice fine layer of dust over the whole thing. And some lush as alloy corrosion on the gear knob.

Here be some pics:

Bum up with the rear being pulled out:

eyr0jaoy.dnr.jpg

Keeper springs and holders. Had to go this way as i really wasn't happy with the way the car was sitting. And i couldnt get it any lower on the front as the springs were bordering on being uncaptive. This whould fix that. And now i can get the exact height i want.

lskaupme.1ix.jpg

T3 Bottom arms. These things are super solid. Feel SO much more substantial than the factory ones.

wi0amotj.xvg.jpg

T3 adjustable castor arms. Yummy:

a2qcusfi.zzt.jpg

T3 RCAs and some new balljoints and tierods.

lk11pcyq.zcl.jpg

Poly bushings for T3 rear arms:

4yg35iv4.k4y.jpg

Full poly bushing kit. Has everything on the car.

uek23pso.fjs.jpg

Keeper spring fitted. Already under loads of compression. But meh, had to do it to get the final 15mm drop.

a3vtiwwf.cw1.jpg

Both Rear struts with keeper springs fitted:
ymaijc4i.gtp.jpg

Now to put these back in along with the bottom arms. Then its time to tackle the front. Will hopefully have T3 bottom arms for the front by then too.

Once suspension is all done, it will be time for a wheel alignment, then a new "low profile" exhaust, as i had completely pancaked the current one at nats.

Then cert time.

Fingeres crossed it will be done by hanmer /maby not but hawkes boes or bust!

Dope.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...