• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am thinking about doing a project like this, but hear in Trinidad, West Indies, parts and information are hard to come by. I was looking at the engines, you guys have the DSM motors. I am going to use your post as inspiration, hope you don't mind.

Have not seen any conversations with the JDM, the one with the exhaust on the passenger side and the intake on the other, somewhat the reverse of the one you have.

Have you seen any in your homeland?

If you have, are there much difference in the hookup>

• 2 years later...

Hi Mate,

absolutely love your work on the EX, such a thing of beauty! Im looking for some tips and information with my build. Basically i have a 82 Sigma 2ltr manual and a RVR turbo manual. Im wondering about things like what you get the front facing intake manifold off, what flywheel you are talking about (7bolt)? and where they come from. does the RVR rear lsd fit in a sigma housing? and other bugs/trouble i may run into doing this conversion, and the bits i need to buy/make before i rip my cars apart because atm they are both wof'd and reg'd and in use.

Cheers and keep up the fantastic work!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey man thanks! The intake manifold I've used is just a standard rvr one that I chopped the end off and got welded back on the other end. As for the flywheel I use the standard rvr one which is 7 bolt. But it's a little smaller than the rwd ones so the starter motor doesn't engage properly, that's why I cut my gearbox to move the starter in closer. I wouldn't recommend doing that though cos it was a real cunt of a job. 

It depends if your rvr motor has a 6 or 7 bolt crank, 6 bolt flywheels are more readily available for rwd than the 7 bolt ones. I couldn't find a rwd one when I was doing my conversion hence why I chopped the gearbox. 

Also I would doubt very much that the rvr lsd would fit in your sigma

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...