be4vers 4G63/4G63T EX Lancer 1981

be4ver

Guest be4ver

been a bit lacking in motivation with this lately but it came back in a decent amount this last week or so.

After putting the diff head back together i then realised i don't know f all about pulling these apart and putting them back together. After a quick googleing i started learning about backlash and all that so i just took it to my friendly mitsi mechanic to check and apparently its all good!

So front brakes are still away getting painted and im awaiting the arrival of the rubber seal kit from japan. So i decided to paint the rear stuff myself and put new brake pads in too.

img0084atr.jpg

img0093hz.jpg

also while putting the diff back together i compared the axles with some ones i had from a 1600 ex and while they have the same spline on the end, the outer part of the GT axle is a wee bit fatter and has a far bigger bearing than the other.

img2644gc.jpg

ahh... looks good

img0088cs.jpg

Out with the old, fucking heavy piece of shit!

img0130rj.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest be4ver

Got some new wheels, cheers Maxted!

sAoy9QX.jpg

51InOMO.jpg

Look pretty sweet I think. Better than the 17s.

Unfortunately tho now the cars sitting about 40mm or so off the ground.

• 4 weeks later...

so it turned out one of the brakes on the diff i just put in was siezed....GAY, no handbrakies!

pulled the culprit calliper off and didn't really know what to do with it so i just doused it in crc, left it and hoped for the best.

however as luck would have it a mate of mine had this sitting around and wanted rid of it, its a very similar one to the ex. Seems to be from a sigma but it has the same brakes on it as the other one so got it and robbed the calliper off it. Luckily it wasn't siezed too cos this diff had been sitting out in the weather for quite some time by the looks of it!

MuF0XpIl.jpg

new old calliper

img0273yw.jpg

another gay thing is the diff i just got had almost new brake pads in it. That would be awesome if i hadn't just got new ones out of japan for like 80 plus bucks!

new vs old new

img0276hy.jpg

the old swapparoo

img0277yri.jpg

img0278sw.jpg

re used the red bit and painted the middle black bit and bingo!

Also on the brakes thing, i got my front brake bits back from getting painted (not from a can for a change)

img0306lut.jpg

got some over haul kits for these ones since the rubber bits were a bit perished

img0308ml.jpg

img0309kx.jpg

that looked a bit shit with a rusty old brake pad in so....

img0310fe.jpg

red to make them go faster!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

long time no update!

Well this does still exist. That is if you consider being parked at the top of my driveway not moving for months at a time much of an existence. 

So I sold the LSD head i had a while back as some guy really really wanted it for his celeste. Being 8 bolt and very rare he offered me a stupid amount of money for it. Luckily i had lined up a 10 bolt LSD diff head and housing so being a sweet upgrade opportunity i went and sold it. This should have worked out great as the brakes and axles etc will just swap over. BUT when my new diff showed up it was only a dam 8 bolt!!

Cant really complain as i brought it for a fraction of what i sold the other for , but still! fuck.

So since i couldn't really be fucked with it after all that that LSD sat on the floor of my garage for ages,  untill just last weekend when i decided to chuck it in this car, blow the cobwebs off it and entered in a local motorkhana.

Gotta say, for a NA this thing gets loose with an LSD, i spun out lots but the car went awesome. I didn't get any record times at all but shit it was fun. As you can see by the stupid grin on my face

6ehfyE8.jpg

CC0tMUL.jpg

k1L5lJk.jpg

3dh3Sw3.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 years later...

Its been a long ass time since i've posted anything here! 

So whats been happening? had 3 kids which takes up about 99.9% of my spare time nowadays got married and with my 0.01% I turboed my EX Lancer!

It went a bit like this.

+t my na rvr engine (thats been mint for years) after collecting parts for ages. Evo injectors, evo ecu, tdo5, custom made manifold. Relocated the alternator. etc etc.

Proceeded to drive car without the vacuum line to the wastegate because i couldnt find a T joiner at the time.

Smashed number 1 rod through both sides of the block . 

Ripped out fucked engine

Found a 90000km rvr engine at the wreckers 

Repainted the engine bay in ef falcon purple  with big chunky holographic flake 

Replaced the swaybar with a gsr one and replaced all the bushes up front and fitted sigma lower control arms and painted everything gross colors

S14 alloy radiator

Got a sweet mmc grill, gsr tail lights and garnish out of Japan.

20161230_140959.thumb.jpg.a0542574207e023bafbcc2116427f72a.jpg

IMG_20180117_233317_099.jpg.88d9340fb6da580a920ffec0d4ae035a.jpg

IMG_20180117_233317_100.thumb.jpg.5425a2f07b96e301084862707e7ae1cc.jpg

• Like 2