• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

bye bye DX hello new EX!

picked this up today, if anyone needs any parts hit me up!

dsc02364t.jpg

dsc02362j.jpg

seriously thinking of putting these seats in my good EX! never seen anything like them!

dsc02366u.jpg

dsc02365if.jpg

think this is awesome, its has a dedicatad METAL button haha

dsc02368q.jpg

• 1 month later...

finally! after almost 8 short months at the painters its done!

dsc02563x.jpg

dsc02575kij.jpg

first pic is before the clear went on, will be interesting to see how shiny it looks in the sun tomorrow!

now to find time in between all these projects to put it back together!

dsc02545su.jpg

dsc02577zu.jpg

42479434552969881219110.jpg

:rolleyes: not enough hours in the weekend

got a good chunk put back together today.

not looking forward to putting the dash back in tho, still need to work out how the heater will work and where the hoses will go. :rolleyes:

also need to change the part of loom over from the 1600 i wrecked so the tacho having gauge cluster will work proper.

might even put the compressed springs n short shocks i got off walkernz in tomorrow if i feel so inclined

dsc02580c.jpg

dsc02588c.jpg

dsc02591r.jpg

dsc02595yx.jpg

wheels look gay as fuck! hmmmmm what to use....17" lenso rs5s oooooor 15" two piece meshies

• 2 weeks later...

my fuckin awesome interior colour scheme :pukeright:

img0555dca.jpg

still undecided on these seats though, i think they go kinda well with the black. Its how its gunna be for now anyway as recovering seats just isn't in the budget yet.

i did however decide to splash out and get the dash recovered in a black leather look stuff, should be done in a week or so

img0560v.jpg

got my dash back yesterday! put in today, i stuck some leather to the wee plastic bit that clips behind the dash cluster too. i was going to do the other bit that the cluster screws into as well but it was way out of my skill range! painted it black instead, looks prtty dam good i rekin! you could take my word for it but here is a bunch of pics anyway

img0698mz.jpg

img0699wi.jpg

img0701g.jpg

img0709gz.jpg

img0712vm.jpg

img0721od.jpg

i'll probly end up painting the glove box lid too cos it looks a bit stupid. or ill re-do the airbrushing on the first one i had

img0723cj.jpg

only a couple left overs - dont know where the fuck these went!

img0719zw.jpg

sick new gear knob! :lol:

img0717kf.jpg

also i can't wait till i get these on, gunna look bad ass! :twisted:

img0724l.jpg

decided today to instead also cover the glove box with the leather stuff, turned out pretty good

img0731dw.jpg

img0735oe.jpg

Got a new stereo today and installed it. Had the idea of putting an ipod dock in the ashtray so started fucking with ideas and made up this high end prototype :lol: needs a bit of work but i think it'll work nicely when its done.

img0738di.jpg

got this thing so dam close to road legal now wiring is all done, bled brakes, everything goes mint etc etc took it to work tonight. its very sweet to drive.

so it will be getting a driveshaft hoop made up tomorrow and going in for a basic wof kinda check over to make sure everything is sweet and ready of cert and WOF

only concerns i'm having are the height which is pretty borderline and the massively droning exhaust who probably needs another muffler up in there.

noone likes a pictureless update so heres this. pictures were taken only 2years nine months apart haha (left pic is the day i got it)

comparison2.jpg

So WOF check over went alright, it needs the following

Cert (obviously)

New steering wheel due to budgo piece of crap one I got!

Ride height, needs about 10-15 mm higher

Secure left front brake hose- missing clip (oops!)

Exhaust too loud

Play in rear universal joint

Loose left front wheel bearing

All in all not too bad really considering the time the car has been off the road and that I've had it pretty much completely apart at one time or another and back together again. And I'm no mechanic. So I'm pretty happy with how it all went

productive night tonight!

got steering wheel sorted, just put the gay original one back on till i buy a decent one.

found the missing brake hose clip and tightened the wheel bearing

went to the mitsi agents in town here to get a uni joint and to my shock and amazement they had one in stock! had been there for like 9 years haha :D got it for $20 as well cos they'd had it so long. so pretty stoked with that!

img0749qc.jpg

right so i've never changed a universal joint before but i'm pretty sure i did it the wrong way!

img0768kk.jpg

img0775q.jpg

got the circlips all off easy and the first cap off easy as then i broke my elcheapo vice and shit got tricky and jammed in and there were swear words a plenty.

got it in there in the end tho, but how the shit do ya get the dam grease nipple on here!? gunna need to use different circlip on this one i think

img0771l.jpg

tried the 15s on while i had the wheel off.

hows that for fitment!

img0752f.jpg

img0753t.jpg

img0755ut.jpg

img0757i.jpg

bit of negative camber from the sigma lower arms i got and it will hopefully sit perfectly!

this is my new d-shaft hoop

img0766fc.jpg

and this is my new fuel leak :rolleyes: (loose hose clamp)

img0762yu.jpg

this is about how much the back wants to come up. the box is 105mm so hopefully the wheels will take this difference

img0759a.jpg

tidied up a lil bit of wiring in the engine bay tonight. fairly boring up date but it is true!

Before

img0831rf.jpg

After

img0835hd.jpg

i could /should do better considering i'm an auto electrician but i really can't be fucked, i do plenty of this shit at work

img0828yc.jpg

dam my small garage!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

gutted my cert plate didn't arrive for the weekend. didn't show today either so fingers crossed it shows up tomorrow so i can take it out on anzac day for its first legal drive in almost 2 years!

stupidly put a tint strip on it that im gunna probly have to take off before i get the warrent, but we'll see how that goes

img0910qe.jpg