be4vers 4G63/4G63T EX Lancer 1981

be4ver

Discuss here

well i thought it would be a good time to make one of these threads since theres nothing good on tv.

here is where it started, found this wee gem at the local wreckers and subsequently brought the shit out of it!

nearly fell over when they said $200!!

840a1443.jpg

must have been a write off..

840a1446.jpg

840a1447.jpg

cost almost the same amount to replace the guard and lights as it did to buy the whole car haha.

Got it revinned and registered and drove it round for a year or so then took it off the road and got stuck in to it!

840a1446.jpg

dsc01122qs.jpg

think there was a wee oil leak..

dsc01125n.jpg

dsc01149t.jpg

dsc01154bl.jpg

dsc01155dc.jpg

cleaned up alright

dsc01156ji.jpg

brought a premade exhaust off an ex off trade me,3" and goes right up to the firewall

dsc01210l.jpg

scored some cheap rims care of the wreckers again, might paint them black!

dsc01757n.jpg

got an n/a rvr engine since thats as far as the funds would stretch at the time. seems in pretty good nik tho!

dsc01743i.jpg

cut and shut the manifold

dsc01138x.jpg

made this crazed thing for the water pump

dsc01148f.jpg

this is what i done with the back water outlet, no the most space efficient but i'm gunna box the firewall anyway so there will be heaps of room

dsc01137s.jpg

dsc01131g.jpg

had mad issues trying to find a rwd 7 bolt flywheel for it tho, im told they exist but i got impatient and gave up looking and instead got a mate to chop the gearbox to suit the fwd flywheel, so i ended up with a evo 3 flywheel with an rvr clutch plate and cover.

as you can see this was a dam mission and i would not recommend doing it this way!

dsc01735i.jpg

not only was it a shit to get the starter lined up properly but the clutch plate was hitting too, nothing an angle grinder couldn't fix tho :D

img1437hk.jpg

img1438d.jpg

with that all sorted i could finally put it in the hole, but first i made another hole! just to make life a little easier down the track the dash was already out so wasn't too much of a biggie

dsc01750c.jpg

dsc01810fz.jpg

now put the engine in!

i originally was using a sigma crossmember but after a trial fit with that i found it sits the engine back too far so tracked down a 1600 ex one and that was perfect!

dsc01739q.jpg

dsc01746p.jpg

fuel system. over kill for this engine i know but it should be a turbo some time!

img1442n.jpg

relined the boot and picked up some mint plastic mouldings

dsc01859ep.jpg

recovered the door cards, and other bits n pieces, looks way better than poo brown!

dsc01422f.jpg

dsc01423a.jpg

img0440u.jpg

img1391o.jpg

dsc01714os.jpg

dsc01854m.jpg

now to start on making it run!

dsc01862bw.jpg

dsc01864vp.jpg

dsc01866b.jpg

Found this lurking on trademe and snapped it up!

dsc01868h.jpg

been sitting for two years and wouldn't go.. had a seized fuel pump and stale fuel, so drained that shit out, got a pump and boom it started right up, sounds mint, no noisy tappets, clean oil and drives sweet! score!

only cost $600 aswell!!!!!

so now this will hopefully find its way into my ex in the not too distant future! so stay tuned!

dsc01878r.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had the day off work today so spend most of the day at the engineers getting bits n pieces done.

proper bracket for water pump thingo, this cunt ain't goin nowhere!

dsc01883jr.jpg

got all the water pipes and crap done too. has like a million joins but they seem to be holding up so far...

dsc01884io.jpg

dsc01885em.jpg

Also got the exhaust joined up to the extractors and all mounted proper, must say it sounds f ing mint. but way too loud, deff wont be getting a WOF like that!

dsc01889mh.jpg

got the car down to the painters yesterday, done a shit ton more sanding and prep work. got the bog work redone since i pretty much made an abortion of it when i tried to do it. should just stick to my own trade lol.

dsc01900r.jpg

dsc01901pg.jpg

dsc01908dh.jpg

ended up getting just one guard primed but should have the whole car done by the end of next week.

some dickhole thought it be a good idea to glue the light gasket thing in with some super hard no more nails type shit

dsc01905jf.jpg

got some wrx seats off trademe! $53 for the pair! they are a bit rough and one smells of cat piss but they were quite easy to modify to fit the ex. probly gunna get them recovered at some point.

dsc01903e.jpg

dsc01904km.jpg

so i pretty much hate the shit out of sanding now but i think im finally finished

dsc01926bq.jpg

dsc01923x.jpg

as you can see it got increasingly tedious as the day went on and on and on

dsc01924yp.jpg

dsc01927zu.jpg

dsc01930q.jpg

dsc01929qe.jpg

after searching for months for some plugs to fit the 1600 dash cluster i got i gave up and just "customized" some plugs i found in an old mirage. it was pretty much the same and the couple contacts that didnt line up werent even used on the lancer dash.

dsc01918fhw.jpg

dsc01917s.jpg

just had to trim the lock tab a wee bit and swap a couple pins around

dsc01916vj.jpg

saw this in the rvr and thought it might make a sweet gauge pod. a lick of paint and i rekin it looks pretty good.

dsc01978wb.jpg

dsc01983sg.jpg

Heres some shitcunt news... theres f ing rust in the pillar!dont know how i never noticed. someones had a go at bogging it up at some point.

Its such a small amount but it needs fixing and that means taking the window out god dammit!

dsc01988n.jpg

dsc01989g.jpg

got the windscreen out in one piece! ...after a few swear words.

dsc01996m.jpg

got a nice wee intercooler the other day too fits alright, will need some tricky piping made up as its a touch wider than i would have liked but it was cheap so i guess thats what ya get

dsc01999v.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

started ripping into the rvr these last few days, getting sick of taking up valuable driveway real estate.

also i got my ute stuck on the grass when it snowed and i had to get back to work somehow ha ha so i chucked the plates off the ex on it and did a dodgy wee drive to work in the snow in it.

dsc02046j.jpg

got this the other day too woop woop!

dsc02050h.jpg

dsc02050h.jpg

that is all for now.

car may or may not be painted soon...

took this dirty bitch of an engine out tonight, it was a right cunt too! didnt know much about these sorta 4wd gay machines but i spose i do now. managed to get it out with out removing the driveshafts too!

dsc02052d.jpg

dsc02051ca.jpg

and to top it off, once i had the engine dangling above the car the crane decided it would jam up and wouldn't budge from where it was so i had to clear some room behind the dam car and just push it away from under it so i could put it on the engine stand

• 3 weeks later...

not too much to report lately just been spending spending spending $$$$$ :rolleyes:

its worth it tho! look at this, is it wrong to get a semi over some car parts?

dsc02164t.jpg

dsc02163gb.jpg

dsc02161l.jpg

heard of another complete turbo ex somewhere out on a farm too! just waiting to hear from a mate of a mate who may or may not want to part with it. fingers crossed they dont know what its worth/ its not full of rust

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

started the car up the other day after having been sitting for months and it burst into life after about 3 turns, stoaked! must have done something right!

oh and paint getting put on tomorrow!!!

so tonight and yesterday just had a scrub up on the bare metal that's been showing for the last few months and gave it a good blow down.

dsc02284o.jpg

dsc02285v.jpg

dsc02286f.jpg