1967 105e anglia project discussion

1967anglia

Looks like it will make a sweet project. At least you get to take yours to bits!

I got mine off a workmate who had swapped it for something else. I had a look, made an offer but he said he needed to wait for his mrs to see it before he would be allowed to let it go. She fell in love with it so he stripped it apart to fix and then put in the too hard basket as he had a mk1 esky project already, so then sold it to me for previously agreed price but also gave me heaps of other parts that werent in the original deal.

So worked out good in the end but sooner or later I'm gunna have to try and re-assemble it! shouldn't be too hard though, most of it will be custom built anyway.

cant wait to really get my hands dirty, only got lounge to finish then im all over this car.

Cant really drive it as it is, no brakes no clutch. :D

Standard not sure it will end up that way, just got a sidedraught manifold and flows for it today, and found a hot cam for apre crossflow in garage when cleaning up, not sure on spec.

woah! lot of work to go there.

If you look at my thread you can see how I went about fixing the grille and the rear bumper chassis rail.

Had a good look at it the other night, very helpfully thanks. Not to bad yet, the back guards and inside of boot are in very good condition which seams odd when you see how bad the rust is in other places. I think all the work will be in the thousands of rust spots all over the car, they are just too deep to fill in with normal primer.

Yeah I was pretty daunted when I started doing the repairs on mine.

Used to stare at it for hours and take countless measurements before diving in and cutting things up.

Now I just formulate a quick plan and rip into it. If I stuff something up, its only steel, just cut it out again and have another go.

There are a few of my earlier patches that I will probably do again to get it to a standard that I'm happy with. Would like to be able to take it to a show and put mirrors underneath 8)

The rust doesnt bother me, as said, "its only steel" and got plenty of it.

Tring to decide if to keep the chrome strips down the side. Im 60/40 to get rid of them. ???

While im tring to find a decent garage to work in thought I work start playing around with engine upgrade idears.

Found this head in back of shed, was off a 1500 stock car engine, has bigger valves than the 997 37inlet and 32 exhaust, so thought about ccing the head to same as that of the 997. Has anyone done this before to get bigger valves on the cheap??

260316_224020877622210_100000428988639_833358_2117928_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...