Longer lower arms KA67

Ridal

Does anyone know what lower arms I could bolt in to my KA67 carina that would be longer/give -ve camber? Haven't measured the current ones yet but if anyone has info that would be ideal. What other mods are necessary to make longer arms work? I'm wanting about 5 degrees negative camber if it can be done reasonably easily. I am planning on using adjustable camber plates as well. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

If you aint first your last though. Yea I've read about the sigma deal and that may be an option. I'm thinking of using the mx62 arms. Would the mx62 tie rods be compatible or would I need to lengthen mine some how (I don't imagine the adjustability would cover 40mm)? And can the lower arm be redrilled to suit the sway bar? Will the mx62 ball joint be likely to work? Any other compatibility issues I could run into? Thanks to anyone who can answer any of these questions, you're a champ.

will it all be worth it to get 5 degrees when the first time you drive it in the rain you sledge into a power pole?

with that much camber you will have like 1/8th of your tire on the road.

and yeah can drill the arms, well i did in my 70 anyway.

have you thought about rose jointing your existing arms? costs about $150 for parts plus a little cutting/welding, way more blingin than urethane + adjustable action

Why do you want that much camber anyway?

I'm running 3degrees on the car I take to the track.

I hope you are not doing it for looks :rolleyes:

Adjustable bottom arms will also widen the front track by a fair bit.

Rough calculations.... every 1 degree of negative camber pushes each wheel 10mm further out of the guard.

Better to have that adjustability at the strut top so your track stays the same. You may have to severely modify the top mounts.

Lowering the car/shortening the struts will also have a side effect of negative camber.

Use some trigonometry to work that shizzle out au. 8)

I think ill get the adjustable tops initially, get cert, and go from there. I've emailed t3 and they're sorting some out for me. I haven't really considered making rose joint ones. Are they difficult to make? What kind ofv advisability can you get from a roses jointed lca? Thanks for the input everyone.

Ok that's good to know. That thread deal sounds a bit shady/can't imagine it in my head very well.

no offense bud, but if you think you need neg5 and can't comprehend how to do it, and why you wouldn't on a road car, please don't drive you car anyway in Timaru,my son dosn't have heaps of road sense........... to avoid you :cry:

Thanks Hellraizer, I thought it may have been adjustable at a different point ("middle") on the arm but I see what Truenotch meant.

Thanks Joe for your post. It was both informative and helpful. I would recommend the use of caps lock and spell check next time you decide to throw your hat into the ring.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I've found some GX60 arms, tie rods, and tension control rods. I think they use the bigger ball joint though so can I have the steering arm machined to accept the size difference? I presume the GX60 arms are the same as MX62 numbers. Please correct me if this is not the case. Are there any other parts from the GX60 that would be useful for the conversion? Any info is appreciated.

James