Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

<br \><br \><br \>

<br \><br \>
<br \><br \>2 hours ago, Zeubin said:<br \>
<br \><br \>
<br \><br \>

<br \>Hey Mikey, Where did you source the new fuse box from?<br \>Have been looking at the same upgrade.<br \>Cheeeers<br \>

<br \><br \>
<br \><br \>
<br \><br \>

<br \>https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/50-5010<br \>This was where I got it from. Shipping was damn pricy! But worth it in terms of amount of time fucking around making my own rubbish version. <br \>

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So, I'm doing a bunch of stuff to this to make it a nicer car to drive around in. It's pretty noisy, fumy, rattly, leaky & clunky. Nothing too major, just redoing some bits and pieces I should've done better first time round. 

Right now I'm replacing some diff seals and sorting out some exhaust knocks. This is a pic of the exhaust when it was made. It's got some cheap XForce headers into two 2.5", into those resonators then goes to 3" and out an offset oval muffler of some sort. I can't find the details on that, it was from Wolfe Mufflers.  

spacer.png

Those hotdogs knock against the tunnel which is annoying. But the exhaust is also too loud when not driving fast for me these days. So wondering if some exhaust guru can tell me what a better option is to cut down on noise. Ideally I'd go from 2.5" into 3" after that gearbox mount and then put one big resonator in the tunnel. That way I'd gain a lot more clearance. But if that's not an option and I keep the two resonators I'll probably notch the bottom of the tunnel to get better clearance. Once resonator would save a tonne of work thou.

Thoughts?!

I’m about do the same with the Strada’s exhaust.

Been looking at Vibrant mufflers. They do resonators and mufflers, all the ones I was looking at appear to be straight through. Speed science sell them. 

A lot of youtube reviews rate them and seem to have a good rep. 

• Like 1