felixx

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey man,

well

1) the coil I brought was a non ballasted one, apparently it needed a ballasted coil. (although the original one wasnt) so there was not enuff juice to get a good spark.

2) there was a pile of crud in the carb

3) one of the bolts on the inlet mani had come loose and dropped out, resulting in a bit of 'bubbling' around the manifold on the inlet to #2 cylinder, explaining one reason while she is running a bit crook

so 1) put the other coil back in, (Sorry Pete I will not get your coil back to you for a bit)

2) sorted with a clean cloth

3) off to repco/ BNT to get a new bolt, I think there is a spare mani gasket in the shed

So tomorrow she will get her timing etc checked out incase the thing had self adjusted herself out of tune.

Cheers for your concern.

Hope to post a vid of her running like a clock tomorrow

hmmm factory ballast resistor wrapped around ignition lead.

Add this to the ballast resistor I had on the coil that was given to me

=

2 ballast resistors

2 ballast resistors + 1 coil = no good

2 plugs are fekked i suspect, (cylinders 2 and 3)

new plugs in tomorrw, fek around with timing and HOPEFULLY Happy days!

yeah via chevette one is a long single strand isn't it? I remember re-wiring the front loom on my 12a chevette and chasing the coil feed. It went from bulk head up one side of bay then back again to other side in order to get the voltage drop.

• 2 weeks later...
im loving the pics you posted on build thread.and that paint choice is mint! although I like that sorta ratrod/old classic condition look to!

Cheers mate, but to be honest she looks like shit... I will be repainting her in the summer.