Felixx's Anglia

felixx

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I'm digging the widened steels bro, nice and subtle. I like the white top and white stripe paint scheme. It is sooooo much easier to use the orig color hahaha dont have to worry about the door frames and all the nooks and grannies!

I tell you what I am looking forward to... That drop! haha should be 3 inch drop though :P

• 3 months later...

Hey just noticed your tacho is same as one Ive had for years now, been in a few of my old cars and currently resides in the Avenger. Does yours read accurately? Mine reads good at lower revs and jumps up quickly with a blip on throttle but the higher the revs get the needle gets more reluctant to move, it seems to slow down so when motor is doing probably about 3500rpm its only reading about 2000-2500. Yes I have had a fiddle with the 4-6-8 switch

• 2 months later...
Guest kiwitina

Hey Felix. Im looking in to tyres for my widened steelies. They are 7 inch wide. What you reckon? 205 60? 195 60? Would you go wider on yours if you had the chance?

Chur

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Points dont wear out and dont have to set them. In theory shud get a better and more reliable spark. Worth doing if cheap enought. Pre crosflow shud if its same dizzy. Would need to check if coil is compatible I think. Ezcue chingrish on my phone

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so what's the advantage to electronic ignition

And if I put a 1500 pre x flow into her could I use the same module

Hey Felixx, the main advantage of electronic ignition is the "set and forget" aspect. Once it's installed it doesn't need to be gapped or set ever again. Because it's a sensor instead of a mechanical contact, it is more reliable and gives a stronger spark. Even if your car runs fine on points, you will still benefit from better fuel economy with electronic ign.

For your Anglia you have different options; you can install a conversion kit into your own distributor for about $80 or you can buy a whole new reproduction distributor for about $200. With both of these options, you don't need to change anything else but we do recommend changing cap, rotor arm and leads to get best advantage from the conversion. Also, I do like to recommend either a Lucas Gold sports coil or a Bosch Blue Coil with the electronic ignition, these are both excellent quality coils without being so powerful they lose their reliability like the cheap 40,000v coils you can get. It all depends how deep your pockets are.

There is also a high energy distributor available, this requires a change of coil (to one with primary resistance lower than 1.5 Ohms, such as the ones fitted to cars with factory-fit electronic ignition) these are $250 and the price includes the coil.

The new distributors that we supply come with a mechanical advance curve to suit the Anglia Pre-xflow.

We are the NZ agents for Powerspark ignition, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Cheers,  Matt

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hehe was driving along in the snglia last night down lineside road 100kmh and the engine goes from BROOOOOOM to BROOOOOM BROOOOOOM 

FUCKING BRRRROOOOOOMMM!!

Turns out the zorst decided to seperate from the extractors

• Like 7

• 3 months later...