Felixx's Anglia

felixx

Hi guys and girls.

Just discovered this forum, I am based in christchurch and getting my 105e back on the road (last WOF/ Reg expired early 2002)

I was wondering who in chch would be the cheapest to get some paint (laquer will be fine) as I have a compressor and will buy a spraygun.

Pictures to come ASAP

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey dude,

nice anglia,what colour you thinking paint wise??ive used the stuff from supercheap thats mentioned further up,its cheap and can get a reasonable finish,it wont win any shows though.this is my 83 cortina,its painted with supercheap paint,is meant to be gloss but i prefer it satin to be honest :)

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=26429

generally for paint,thinners etc ill use RJP on St Asaph st,but dont be afraid to shop round,ive heard both good and bad stories about every place,just like any business :)

PS:welcome to Old School :)

Hey there,

I am thinking the original blue as i dont have to paint the inside or the engine bay this time round. , Cheers for the heads up about paint. Satin hides a few sins that gloss will show doesnt it.

More pics will follow as I progress...

cheers guys

yup,theres a few hiding in the cortina,but im planning a good respray soon anyway.

id stick with original too,you've kept it stock so far and itd be a shame to ruin it now with some custom colour.the cortina has been so many different colours its not funny,if it was original paint though id have left it :)

Its great to see a stock Anglia! It looks great.

If I were you I would tidy any rust etc and blow some paint over it trying to keep it the same aged look as the rest. Ie; try to keep it looking like it hasn't ever been touched since new. That would be cool.

Hey man, thanks for the feedback!

if I do the respray, it will look rugged as!

I will do it the orginal blue (prob with some satin or semi gloss laquer) so it will look pretty original.

The back bumper etc have the odd ding in them so it will look 'untouched' at first glance.

If I find a set of cheap minilights I will slap em on otherwise hubcaps and wheel trim will stay

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback re the startermotor. battery was dead (it is fucked anyway) so I will try it tomorrow after a 24 hr charge.

Indicators in tomorrow night then check the rear brakes on saturday. There is a leak somewhere. I hate winter with the nights getting dark early.

Sorry for the slow progress team