Howat Engineering - widening steel wheels

Just a FYI,

I remember someone asking/looking for a place to widen wheels in the wellington area a while ago?

Got in touch with Howatt Engineering, they said they do it. Quoted me $80+gst per rim (I asked how much for a 13" rim, 4.5" widened out to 7")

so $368 (which is about on par with elite IIRC)

Might look at getting the original avenger rims widened if I happen to find some coin hiding around....

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i rolled up there one day with a strut and asked about getting it shortened. talked to some old joker (didnt catch his name) but he was real helpful and pretty sure he quoted me a cheap price (cant remember and didnt end up getting them shortened)

they are just around the corner from NZ spring works who ive delt with andrew there and he was a GC too.

• 3 months later...

this place is great,

it must be the only car stuff related outfit in the world that operates to on time, on spec, on budget,

i had some axles made (from scratch), and they turned up all finished (to far above expectation) out of the blue with the bill(ie 30 days) in like half the quoted turnaround, and I diddnt have to go give anyone

a hand shandy, deal in cash to get an acceptable rate, or call at any point to hassell them into hurrying up,